Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Database

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
I'm wondering what Combinations are missing? For instance I don't think there is a red on red Spyder? T
Any thoughts on how a red on red would look?
How does the red intakes look compared to the red interior on your car?
I bet you could do red on red with black wheels/accents. Would be a lot of red though.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:38 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
How does the red intakes look compared to the red interior on your car?
I bet you could do red on red with black wheels/accents. Would be a lot of red though.

The Guard Red intake looks good with the interior IMO. I don't regret that at all. RED on Red is another matter. I think it might look good. Hard to say. The red interior has a lot of grey too so I don't think it would be over kill. I like the red cars alot and I like the black ones too. I'm just thinking about what combinations are left?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:04 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 206 Posts

The Guard Red intake looks good with the interior IMO. I don't regret that at all. RED on Red is another matter. I think it might look good. Hard to say. The red interior has a lot of grey too so I don't think it would be over kill. I like the red cars alot and I like the black ones too. I'm just thinking about what combinations are left?
I just locked my build with a color combo that wasn't reported yet.

Agate with Black/Yellow Stitching, PCCBs, LWBs with yellow belts, CF interior, a couple of CXX custom tailoring options and a few Exclusive options. Build is expected to be complete on 4/8.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:54 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAM2
I just locked my build with a color combo that wasn't reported yet.

Agate with Black/Yellow Stitching, PCCBs, LWBs with yellow belts, CF interior, a couple of CXX custom tailoring options and a few Exclusive options. Build is expected to be complete on 4/8.
That sounds really nice. Question about the PCCBs. How long do you think these will last before you need the 5 digit repair? I've been thinking about the PCCB's but reading the forum gives me all sorts of conflicting information. Some people say they will last forever, others say they will last only twice as long as regular steel brakes in regular applications. I like the idea of weight savings but not if it's going to cost me 20k every other year.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:10 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 206 Posts

That sounds really nice. Question about the PCCBs. How long do you think these will last before you need the 5 digit repair? I've been thinking about the PCCB's but reading the forum gives me all sorts of conflicting information. Some people say they will last forever, others say they will last only twice as long as regular steel brakes in regular applications. I like the idea of weight savings but not if it's going to cost me 20k every other year.
It depends on how you use the car. Major benefits are weight, responsiveness, and longevity. Of course, the no brake dust thing is a big plus.

I have them on one car, and wish I got them on my other car. The only reason why I opted not to get them on the CC is because the yellow calipers didn't fit the theme of the car, and Porsche Exclusive shot down painting them a different color. Prior to that, I have had steels on my other P cars. Maybe someone else will provide better advice.

Last edited by JAM2; 02-17-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

I'm on the fence with the Yellow Porsche. It think it looks too Loud/Bright but I think it will look amazing when it ages if that makes sense to anyone. I have this association with Yellow Porsche that is probably far from true but non the less my mind tells me that the Yellow Porsche is the one no one wanted and it was sold at a heavy discount... weird these associations we make.

Anyway I was offered a last minute configurable allocation today, need to respond by tomorrow.
after spending a good 30 minutes on my Spyder with a dedicated spinning brush and a water hose to clean the brake dust off my wheels after only 600 miles.. for the first time the thought popped into my head.. maybe I should have spent $9k on some PCCB....?
Old 02-17-2016, 05:34 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
after spending a good 30 minutes on my Spyder with a dedicated spinning brush and a water hose to clean the brake dust off my wheels after only 600 miles.. for the first time the thought popped into my head.. maybe I should have spent $9k on some PCCB....?
Or $20 on some P21S
Old 02-17-2016, 06:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by zirrah
Or $20 on some P21S
what to product to clean them with isn't the problem really, it's the fact that you have to "touch" every little nook and cranny, and if you're crazy like me and you want to keep the barrel of the wheel clean as well, then you're in it for some time.

I use a spinning brush called "brush hero" which attaches to the water hose.. spins with water pressure and makes the job signficantly easier than a sponge or whatever else..
Old 02-18-2016, 11:42 PM
911x5
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My SA just told me my car completed on 2/16 VIN# WP0CC2A83GS152714
Old 02-18-2016, 11:56 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,732 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by 911x5
My SA just told me my car completed on 2/16 VIN# WP0CC2A83GS152714
Hi 911x5,
Unfortunately, your car is not quite finished? You get a VIN when your car is started and once it is complete your build will go live on the dealer build sheet site: https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...CC2A83GS152714
As you can see it is blank, once it goes live (upon factory completion) your data will be shown.
I would ask for a screen shot from the dealer tracker schedule to get confirmation from your sales associate.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:57 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

I was wondering if anyone went with Painted Wheels as an exclusive custom option? I'm considering another allocation and I'm thinking Guards red Wheels on a silver Spyder (like Calexio's Avatar) Or Guards Red Wheels on Guards Red Spyder? Opinions? I think the Wheel option is 4k.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:06 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
what to product to clean them with isn't the problem really, it's the fact that you have to "touch" every little nook and cranny, and if you're crazy like me and you want to keep the barrel of the wheel clean as well, then you're in it for some time.

I use a spinning brush called "brush hero" which attaches to the water hose.. spins with water pressure and makes the job signficantly easier than a sponge or whatever else..
That's pretty neat. I like having P21S on the wheels so I don't have to touch each part much. I use a wheelmaster brush on mine.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:37 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

So that p21s wax keeps them free of brake dust? I'll try it
Old 02-19-2016, 10:38 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A few more newborns from the last few days including one more PTS showed up! Does it belong to anyone here?

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...CC2A84GS152723
Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
A few more newborns from the last few days including one more PTS showed up! Does it belong to anyone here?

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...CC2A84GS152723
Nope
Another PTS with classic interior though!

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Database