Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Database

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 11:21 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Way more GT Silvers than i would have expected. And a lot fewer Classic Interiors than I would have expected too.

Anyone else surprised?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:30 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Way more GT Silvers than i would have expected. And a lot fewer Classic Interiors than I would have expected too.

Anyone else surprised?
Very surprised more didn't order the classic interior. With the natural leather, and two tone, it's a "gift" from Porsche over the shaved /aniline leather of the black cars. I wonder how many gt silver + red interior + LWB there are going to be?.. (Hoping for an N of 1)
Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Very surprised more didn't order the classic interior. With the natural leather, and two tone, it's a "gift" from Porsche over the shaved /aniline leather of the black cars. I wonder how many gt silver + red interior + LWB there are going to be?.. (Hoping for an N of 1)
Are you the N1? That's a text book build for sure. I felt the same way about the Red Interior - a gift at that price.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else surprised?
Not too surprised. While it is a gift in porsche world, the gt silver only trim may have been a factor in selecting. Also, the red will only will go well with black, silver and white exterior colors.
Those colors do make up a large portion of the numbers so far and it looks like a 40% take rate in those colors.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 PM
sho-one
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic interior looks awesome, except there's just a little too much red (behind the head rests). If I have the option of a black interior and Red seats, I'd jump on it.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:48 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
Not too surprised. While it is a gift in porsche world, the gt silver only trim may have been a factor in selecting. Also, the red will only will go well with black, silver and white exterior colors.
Those colors do make up a large portion of the numbers so far and it looks like a 40% take rate in those colors.
Plus one couldn't do PTS with the red interior if I remember correctly and changing those trim bits was a couple grand and was rather limiting. Remember the red canvas top spotted in Europe? Maybe that's an option when it's time to replace it in 10 plus years (I hope it last that long).
Old 11-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Plus one couldn't do PTS with the red interior if I remember correctly and changing those trim bits was a couple grand and was rather limiting. Remember the red canvas top spotted in Europe? Maybe that's an option when it's time to replace it in 10 plus years (I hope it last that long).
Yeah, I looked really hard for a PTS color that was appealing and would go with the Classic interior. Wound up having the same issues - shades of grey, white or black which I wasn't looking for.
That red top would look awesome with your color combo and the red accents imo.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sho-one
Classic interior looks awesome, except there's just a little too much red (behind the head rests). If I have the option of a black interior and Red seats, I'd jump on it.
That would have been killer on a black or white car.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

that red canvas top is the definition of a unicorn... no idea how that guy had that made.. anyone want to take a guess at the price?
Old 11-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

that red canvas top is the definition of a unicorn... no idea how that guy had that made.. anyone want to take a guess at the price?
A one off roof from Porsche.. hmmmm
I'm sure it would be very very reasonably priced
Considering that they charge 4k for adding stitching to a steering wheel, it would be in the ridiculous/ludicrous territory.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:35 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am N2 sorry... may I add GT Silver + Red classic interior + LWB + Black wheels ? May be I am N1 after all.

Last edited by GT3 Techno; 11-04-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:24 PM
duane33
Rennlist Member

I must be in the minority, really do not like red interiors at all. I stayed with the standard black leather with carrera white exterior. Boring, I know but I have a blue interior in my 993, wish it was all black
Old 11-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Sportwagen
Instructor

Originally Posted by duane33
I must be in the minority, really do not like red interiors at all. I stayed with the standard black leather with carrera white exterior. Boring, I know but I have a blue interior in my 993, wish it was all black
No, there is at least one more like you ...

One of the reasons why I chose to order a new Boxster for my BGB 3.8 conversion was because so many used cars had unacceptable interior colors. Some of the combinations were truly baffling.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:01 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sportwagen
No, there is at least one more like you ...

One of the reasons why I chose to order a new Boxster for my BGB 3.8 conversion was because so many used cars had unacceptable interior colors. Some of the combinations were truly baffling.
Unacceptable ? Can't go wrong with that... I guess if I had a blue interior car, I would be more careful too !
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2015, 10:41 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

46 are GT Silver with a red interior. Of which 6 of them are LWB.

so, for now, n=6

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Database