Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Music Streaming and BOSE System

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:17 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IAortho
Hi guys -- I bought an Arcam miniblink after reading positive reviews on Rennlist for a new Boxster Spyder with the CDR31 and Bose system. Everything works fine with an AUX cable, but I was hoping to have the phone be hands-free as there is no good cubby space in the 981's like there was on the 987 Boxsters.

I'm no computer/ electronics person, but the Arcam unit did pair with my phone and it powers on so long as the AUX cable is not plugged into the Porsche glovebox AUX jack. Once the AUX cable is plugged in though, the power from the 12V outlet shuts down. ????? Before I send the Arcam unit back to Amazon, does anybody have any suggestions/ ideas as to what is going on? I'm clueless whether it is a faulty Arcam unit or something Porsche built in to the CDR31. Thanks!
I presume the unit is powered through a cig lighter adapter? I have the same stereo set up as you and need a BT interface.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi folks, I know that I am REALLY late to this party but some of us have to buy these used, so we don't know the nuance of these options...�� so naturally I came to rennlist to do my due diligence by searching against "cdr31, music, and Bluetooth" and this thread was the ONE result... three questions, if you would kindly indulge me(ok, some of my questions have subquestions...��):

1. Is the base cdr31 system automatically Bose? I don't have the branding on the speakers in the doors. What are specifications for the base system (speakers, wattage, etc.) in a 981? Apologies if this is in the manual, they are in the process of shipping that to me.

2. In addition to the solution offered above (arcam), have there been other, more robust options since released (for example, one that would require profession installation/wiring but would actually allow to see your selections on screen?

3. Is the "P9A Convenience Package" just the cigarette power adapters?

Please advise, any assistance is appreciated!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 PM
checkmate1996
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
Hi folks, I know that I am REALLY late to this party but some of us have to buy these used, so we don't know the nuance of these options...�� so naturally I came to rennlist to do my due diligence by searching against "cdr31, music, and Bluetooth" and this thread was the ONE result... three questions, if you would kindly indulge me(ok, some of my questions have subquestions...��):

1. Is the base cdr31 system automatically Bose? I don't have the branding on the speakers in the doors. What are specifications for the base system (speakers, wattage, etc.) in a 981? Apologies if this is in the manual, they are in the process of shipping that to me.

2. In addition to the solution offered above (arcam), have there been other, more robust options since released (for example, one that would require profession installation/wiring but would actually allow to see your selections on screen?

3. Is the "P9A Convenience Package" just the cigarette power adapters?

Please advise, any assistance is appreciated!
I believe the only speaker options were Bose or burmeister.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Music Streaming and BOSE System