Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Dealerships with available GT4 allocations

Old 03-15-2015, 05:45 PM
JohanS430
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships with available GT4 allocations

I'm borderline afraid to ask this question, but I suppose there is nothing to lose at this point. Does anyone know of any dealership with an available GT4 allocation?

After recently learning about the GT4, I started hitting the forums.. and realized I am very, very late to the game. A few calls to local dealerships (NY/NJ Tri-state), and I can almost sense the sales associate wanting to laugh at my inquiry!

Any help is appreciated.. please PM if you do know of an available allocation.

Thanks,
Johan
Old 03-15-2015, 05:49 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm afraid you are too late. Your best hope is to query any and all dealer and find one with a single digit waitlist. You might get one sometime next year.

The only alternatives are to buy a spot in the queue or wait for one to become available on the used market.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:51 PM
JohanS430
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks DeerHunter. I am not in a rush, so waiting is not an issue.. but obviously, would not want to wait only to come up empty handed.

Appreciate the feedback and look forward to any other insight from others here.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:15 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I bet you'll see a couple dealers who bought cars "for the owners/principals" and those cars will be available this fall. And you'll see some speculators reselling their cars as well. Those are your likely best bet I think.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:51 PM
genxr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohanS430
Thanks DeerHunter. I am not in a rush, so waiting is not an issue.. but obviously, would not want to wait only to come up empty handed.

Appreciate the feedback and look forward to any other insight from others here.
You might try Walters (forum sponsor) or Brett at Sonnen (991 forum sponsor). I know Brett's a good guy. They might not have open spot now but sometimes they do come available.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:24 PM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohanS430
I'm borderline afraid to ask this question, but I suppose there is nothing to lose at this point. Does anyone know of any dealership with an available GT4 allocation?

After recently learning about the GT4, I started hitting the forums.. and realized I am very, very late to the game. A few calls to local dealerships (NY/NJ Tri-state), and I can almost sense the sales associate wanting to laugh at my inquiry!

Any help is appreciated.. please PM if you do know of an available allocation.

Thanks,
Johan
Your best bet at this point is to wait for the inevitable group of opportunists who will put their cars up for sale immediately, with a markup.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:17 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I just checked with my dealer in Long Island and I would be number 8 but they are only getting allocated two.

I think others are correct here. You will see some ordered for owners and people who cancel that will be for sale. Won't get to spec it but you would be able to get one.

I know when we ordered our macan, everyone said forget about getting one in the first year but we were still able to and on top of that after we got ours, I saw so many for sale that dealers had ordered.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:18 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Try being #1 at a dealer and being told "look for a backup plan"... It's crazy, good luck in your search thougg
Old 03-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

If you really want one, they will be available for $10-25K over MSRP, either by flippers or from the dealers who are going to "market price" their allocations. How bad do you want it? All it takes is more $$$.

Personally, I have never even paid MSRP for a new car, much less a premium. I will patiently enjoy my Cayman S until the frenzy subsides.

TT
Old 03-22-2015, 04:35 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by genxr
You might try Walters (forum sponsor) or Brett at Sonnen (991 forum sponsor). I know Brett's a good guy. They might not have open spot now but sometimes they do come available.
i would expect these dealers to have lists in the high teens if not over twenty at this point
Old 03-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i would expect these dealers to have lists in the high teens if not over twenty at this point
The list is over 50 at one of the San Diego dealers now, I have heard. They got 3 allocations, and 2 went to 918 owners. Do the math--they will have to produce 10,000 of these cars per year to satisfy demand, not 2500.

Porsche--are you listening?

TT
Old 06-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I'm trying to get get an allocation as well.
I would make it worthwhile for them if someone has one available, just PM me

Last edited by Acropora; 06-11-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry we are indeed out of slots and Porsche simply cannot make enough of these cars over the short cycle to meet the demand of the US market. A huge shame as this was a car a lot of folks could afford and wanted badly!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealerships with available GT4 allocations