Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Black and has a Wart

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:07 AM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It's Black and has a Wart

I am a Porsche owner again.

I sold my 05 last month and started my pursuit right away. I originally set out to find a 09-11 S with PDK and Sport Chrono. My father has a dealership so I decided to look at the auctions too( I work for Manheim). Last week a 2012 Black series happen to show up. I was able to buy it for the same price as a 2009 retail. The car is a one owner trade in at a Porsche dealership in Miami. They don't like to stock 987's so it went to the auction.

2012 Boxster S Black Series # 577/987
Additional Equipment
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
501 Full Body Cover
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
A1 Black
AP Black Leather Sport Seats
P77 Sports Seats
V9 Convertible Top Black
XUB Painted Headlamp Cover
XYB Fuel Cap with Aluminum Finish

It was dropped off last night at 8:30PM. It got a quick bath, and will be detailed this weekend.

More Pictures to come after detail
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well glad to see that was short lived Congratulations and welcome back! I look forward to seeing a few more pictures once it gets cleaned up. Love the wheels.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:30 AM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Thanks, It was hell being without one.

This car was really unexpected, but I am really glad I found it. I love the wheels too.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:35 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 66mustang
I am a Porsche owner again.

I sold my 05 last month and started my pursuit right away. I originally set out to find a 09-11 S with PDK and Sport Chrono. My father has a dealership so I decided to look at the auctions too( I work for Manheim). Last week a 2012 Black series happen to show up. I was able to buy it for the same price as a 2009 retail. The car is a one owner trade in at a Porsche dealership in Miami. They don't like to stock 987's so it went to the auction.

2012 Boxster S Black Series # 577/987
Additional Equipment
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
501 Full Body Cover
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
A1 Black
AP Black Leather Sport Seats
P77 Sports Seats
V9 Convertible Top Black
XUB Painted Headlamp Cover
XYB Fuel Cap with Aluminum Finish

It was dropped off last night at 8:30PM. It got a quick bath, and will be detailed this weekend.

More Pictures to come after detail
Very Nice!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, are black edition cars usually more that original msrp? I'd be surprised, but I haven't followed the market on them.

Last edited by Schmidts Cat; 05-31-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:56 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

looks great
Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Wow, nice score! Looking forward to seeing the pics after detailing.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:16 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
So, are black edition cars usually more that original msrp? I'd be surprised, but I haven't followed the market on them.

He states he bought a car at 2009 price but it's a 2012 so it sounds like he did well. I doubt black edition cars are commanding higher than their window sticker was but they definitely are sweet cars. It sucks that even dealers malign Boxsters. Last night some smokin hot, young lass says to me my boyfriend loves your 911. I had to tell him what it really was, when I did, I think he thought it was just a Boxster I gussied up in the garage. No matter, I think the Spyder can carry the company flag with its head held high and in confidence that the car can run with anything else on public roads, including much to their surprise super bikes.

PS Nice score 66', when I locate the equivalent in a home in Paulding county you and I will have to spill a beer, hopefully someday soon.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:15 AM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
He states he bought a car at 2009 price but it's a 2012 so it sounds like he did well. I doubt black edition cars are commanding higher than their window sticker was but they definitely are sweet cars. It sucks that even dealers malign Boxsters. Last night some smokin hot, young lass says to me my boyfriend loves your 911. I had to tell him what it really was, when I did, I think he thought it was just a Boxster I gussied up in the garage. No matter, I think the Spyder can carry the company flag with its head held high and in confidence that the car can run with anything else on public roads, including much to their surprise super bikes.

PS Nice score 66', when I locate the equivalent in a home in Paulding county you and I will have to spill a beer, hopefully someday soon.
I did very well in purchasing it. 09 PDK S are around $41k retail right now. The Black Series that I found listed are around $55k, same as a regular 2012 S.

I am always up for having a few beers. Plus I want to drool over the Spyder. If I didn't DD my car, I would have saved up for one.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Ahhhh. I missed the 2012 part! Yes, sweet deal indeed. Great looking car for sure, enjoy!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Here are some after Detailing photos.
Attached Images      
Old 06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
blue44
Burning Brakes

black / black / black / black... nice !

puzzled about two of the options - 501 Full Body Cover / XUB Painted Headlamp Cover...

Donn

Last edited by blue44; 06-02-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: question...
Old 06-02-2014, 01:13 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what's the deal there 66' did you do some time once? Those wheels look like the prison bathroom floor after a toothbrush penalty.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:35 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blue44
black / black / black / black... nice !

puzzled about two of the options - 501 Full Body Cover / XUB Painted Headlamp Cover...

Donn
The Full Body cover I am assuming is a cover, I didn't get it. I do not care though.

Painted Headlamp cover is the headlight washer nipples are painted black instead of chrome.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:40 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

So what's the deal there 66' did you do some time once? Those wheels look like the prison bathroom floor after a toothbrush penalty.
I have done time, sort of. The cars in my Avatar are my some of fathers, and I have spent many days with a tooth brush cleaning them when I was younger.

I am actually embarrassed looking at the wheel picture. The barrels are filthy. I need to jack the car up, take the wheels off and clean them properly. The spokes of the wheels have some sort of protection on them. Water beads like crazy and they were really easy to clean. I did however spend some time with a wheel wheelie and sponge on the red brakes.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wheel...Kit_p_721.html

Quick Reply: It's Black and has a Wart