Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

60 lb weight reduction to Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 PM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
CGT, Do I believe tuning can produce results? Of course. The reason it was so tempting in a base 986 was that the car felt a little under powered. My experience in the Spyder has been that it's balance, power and feel are perfect. I respect your desire and right to tune more performance into it as you see fit. I was only making the point that driver excellence always seems to be overlooked, instruction is good.

I agree wholeheartedly, driver excellence is everything.

The spyder as-is is perfectly balanced and I will be driving it as-is for a year at least no rush to do anything. I love it, its wonderful and needs nothing more. But with this little guy and 987's in general, like 356's of yesteryear ect, seem to attract the tuner crowd. I know you get it. Therefore you get some proven bolt-ons and that is always fun.

Having said that, Ive "lightly messaged" a few cars prior to this with just minor bolt ons and all three times they came out just that much better to drive on the street. Low and mid end torque improves, top HP gains too and it gets that much better. Just my two cents. I can tell you my brakes and suspension will never change on this car. Ever.

I think the PSE is a little anemic even when on personally. I know that HP is hiding in this thing somewhere and its always been there. The lighter the car the bigger the effects for each HP gained at whatever RPM obviously.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:30 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
CGT, Do I believe tuning can produce results? Of course. The reason it was so tempting in a base 986 was that the car felt a little under powered. My experience in the Spyder has been that it's balance, power and feel are perfect. I respect your desire and right to tune more performance into it as you see fit. I was only making the point that driver excellence always seems to be overlooked, instruction is good.
of course. the driver is always the limiting factor unless you are a pro or semi-pro with loads and loads of seat time.

I am beginning to think that the best mod is a good race simulator.........

Quick Reply: 60 lb weight reduction to Spyder