Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Cream White Spyder with Cocoa Interior...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Cream White Spyder with Cocoa Interior...

Looks to be for sale again......rare color combo with sport buckets, but it is still PDK.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Is it still 'supercharged'? LOL
Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick combo
Old 03-03-2014, 11:05 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

Where at? Or am I missing something by looking at this through the mobile app?
Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Where at? Or am I missing something by looking at this through the mobile app?
North Park Corner Lot....Ducky, don't you check your corner lot every day? Kidding...San Antonio, in the great state of Texas!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

If you want to follow the 'interesting' story of the one & only 'supercharged' Boxster Spyder, see the links:

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...ale-price.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...te-spyder.html

Interestingly, the original post in the first thread above (by RJ Boatman) refers to where we first discussed the 'supercharged' Spyder...yet it's appears to be 'inaccessible' when you click on the 'link'. Does anyone remember (that's you, OrthoJoe) the details of this 'fascinating' story?

Attached Images   

Last edited by Z356; 03-04-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Is it REALLY that difficult to take pictures with the roof totally removed?? LMAO
Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
Interestingly, the original post in the first thread above (by RJ Boatman) refers to where we first discussed the 'supercharged' Spyder...yet it's appears to be 'inaccessible' when you click on the 'link'. Does anyone remember (that's you, OrthoJoe) the details of this 'fascinating' story?

Here is the original thread of the 'supercharged' spyder that FFLLIIIIIIIES. LOL. Some people are fooled by idiotic salesmen so easily...

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...87-spyder.html
Old 03-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cream white looks really nice but definitely needs black wheels IMO
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I love this color combination. I would not expect that there are many Spyders out there in this color combo.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 AM
DawgFan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did not know this color combination was offered. Very unusual and darn good looking.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't recall the exact pricing on the options of the cocoa leather interior and the cream white paint but the two together would have been ~ $5K a unique combo what would have brought it all together would have been a cocoa colored top ... as was offered on a special anniversary edition Boxster S in 2004 I believe
Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

If that were a CPO car, I'd fly to San Antonio and drive it home!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Reminds me. A local dealer (not Porsche) has an '08 Boxster S with this interior (silver ext). It's gorgeous and they're all but giving it away at this point. It was 41k and now it's down to 31k. Low miles, manual. Not affiliated but if someone is interested go for it
Old 03-04-2014, 01:01 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Could still have a dealer certify after you buy it I believe?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
I love this color combination. I would not expect that there are many Spyders out there in this color combo.
You are right. When I did my initial count of all Spyder inventory at US dealers at the height of supply of cars in the pipeline (9/2010), I found only 1 or 2 'Cream White' Spyders! And not one interior in Cocoa! So from that perspective it's rare indeed!

As you know, the '11 Boxster Spyder was limited to about 7 colors by Porsche (Carrara White, Guards Red, Black, Arctic Silver, Aqua Blue, Basalt Black & 'Cream White'). In comparison, the '12 Cayman R had double the color choices of the Spyders one year later! And 'Cream White' cost a lot extra ($3K+) and the color doesn't have 'universal appeal'! It didn't sell well in the 997's too! Later in MY2011, 'Arctic Silver' was replaced by 'Platinum Silver' & the Cocoa leather interior disappeared altogether! (see photo). Cocoa was also not available for the limited run of MY2012 Spyders. This makes Cocoa even more 'rare' in a Spyder!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...y-is-huge.html

From my first post:

"I spent many hours this Labor Day Weekend (Sept/2010) going to the PCNA website & looking up EVERY American dealer's complete new Boxster inventory of available Spyders. From Maine to San Diego, Miami to Seattle, and everywhere in between. There remains an unusually large number of these cars unsold as of these last days of seasonal good weather across most of the US! In my opinion, this high level of unsold 'stock' inventory at dealers (and their high flooring cost) will have a bearing on the date Porsche sets for termination of Spyder production for this model year, especially in light of the rumored introduction of the similarly lightened & sharper tuned Cayman CS or R scheduled for early Spring production! Both will appeal to the same niche buyer and there is a limited demand for this type of product in our market, as these levels of unsold inventory appear to confirm (plus that damn bad economy still out there!).

Besides the unusual high number of unsold Spyders in dealer stock all over the US, the other interesting thing I found was the high number of cars with sport seats (not the lighter buckets) and equipped with a long list of 'weighty' options. Dealers, apparently remembering the intro '09 PDK 4S with buckets which most had a hard time selling due to the seats, have decided to hedge their bets with the more universally 'fitting' Sport Seats. We will see if this turned out to be a wise choice for dealers. Unlike the regular (non-gt3) 911, this Spyder appeals to the purists - the same ones that a generation or two ago bought the original Speedsters (from '55 to '58)! I also could count in my hands the ones with AC DELETE. I don't remember seeing any $1700 lightweight Lithium Ion Batteries in any of the Spyder's options list. On the positive side, I saw more than half of the cars were ordered with the optional sport exhaust, which most owners and reviewers have deemed 'a most have' option.

The least seen color in inventory (and perhaps also reflects total production) is Cream White, followed by Aqua Metallic Blue. The Silver Metallics were scarcer than the Carrara Whites, Guards Reds and Blacks (both Basalt and non-metallic Blacks). Most interiors are black, followed by full Red leather. Most black interiors were not the full leather type. A few Sand Beige (which I find the least attractive interior) are still around and I saw no special 'Cocoa' interiors at all.

Sport Chrono without PCM is quite common (so you also see CDR30's everywhere). Porsche 'Exclusive' options like deviating stitching (on alcantara, seats and leather dashes, etc.) are rare to see. Quite a number of PDK cars are still available, including some ordered without the extra cost paddle shifters. The standard PDK thumb switched wheels - just introduced with PDK back in '09 - now look 'odd' and 'old fashioned' in contrast with the paddle shifters.

Talking about steering wheels, the early production manual transmission Spyders with the silver metallic centered steering wheels stand out like a sore thumb in clear contrast with later production all black wheels. The latter ones look nice and 'mean'. They would be my choice. Both PDK wheels, however, suffer when contrasted with the new 'all black' steering of the 6 speed manual cars since they carry over too much polished metal, same with the PDK center console shifter.

Most wheels are, thankfully, the lighter 19" standards (a good thing!) and some have the painted option (mostly in black). No side stripes delete that I could see. MSRP's varied from mid $60's on 'stripped' low options cars to low $80's for full boats (literally, they must also weight as much), the latter mostly ordered by a few Southern California dealers. But I bet you knew that already or could have guessed, no?"

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Dr. Bill: The 'corner lot' is affiliated with Lincoln (Ford). I bet you could work out a deal to buy it via the local San Antonio Porsche dealer with CPO (if it qualifies). In-date service is 6/07/2010, so warranty expires in three months. You can do it....it will look great alongside your Cayman R!

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Here is the original thread of the 'supercharged' spyder that FFLLIIIIIIIES. LOL. Some people are fooled by idiotic salesmen so easily...
Idiotic salesmen seem to follow this car around to the present! According to 'Corner Lot', the exterior of this car is just 'white' and the interior is 'black'. Plus it has the following: "Seller's Notes: Spyder trim.....Overhead Airbag"

Corner Lot's lawyers, knowing full well the quality of the staff it employs, forced them to insert the following proviso to limit their liability: "Please confirm the accuracy of the included equipment by calling us prior to purchase". Pretty wise of them, if you ask me!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cream White Spyder with Cocoa Interior...