Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello everyone,newby here ? 987 top issues

Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 PM
moresquirt
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone,newby here ? 987 top issues

I have a 2006 Boxster S with about 60000 miles,noticed other day that when
opening or closeing the top that i hear a grinding noise coming from the back behind the glass window,can,t seem to pin it down exactly were .I have read thru the site and have already looked at a couple of typical wear areas,the plastic caps are intact,no broken straps ,cords,or cables and roof still opens and closes properly but its never made this noise before so somethings about to go if i leave it.From what i can see and understand there are 2 cables covered in black sheath that move the clamshell section and the hydralic shocks and a rod with the plastic caps that lift and lower the canvas top.The small electric motor between the black cables is used to lift the clamshell only,please correct me if im wrong on any off this.Everything seems to be attached so i am stumped.Could the cables inside the black sheath need to be pulled apart and greased,is there another motor other than the small electric unit between the black cables and if so how do i access it,sorry for all the question. thx
warren
Please advise thx
warren
Old 09-26-2013, 04:49 PM
chrismmm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look/google wayne dempsey book or search for an article about porsche 987 top repair or replacement..Havent seen much on here reference the grinding noise you speak of. Link sent, ck PM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello everyone,newby here ? 987 top issues