Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Boxster Spyder for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Boxster Spyder for sale

Silver
Sport Buckets
Manual with Sport Shifter
Under 5,000 miles

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=21380
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Silver
Sport Buckets
Manual with Sport Shifter
Under 5,000 miles

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=21380
Very nice Spyder with the right options! Good luck with the sale!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

You know, I love my TT but I keep gravitating to these Spyders. I've thought about the top - probably the biggest objection - and I actually will drop the top on the TT a couple times a day some days. Is the Spyder top really such a big deal to get off and on and or do you get use to pulling it over and getting it on in a flash? Thoughts please.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
You know, I love my TT but I keep gravitating to these Spyders. I've thought about the top - probably the biggest objection - and I actually will drop the top on the TT a couple times a day some days. Is the Spyder top really such a big deal to get off and on and or do you get use to pulling it over and getting it on in a flash? Thoughts please.
It takes about 3 minutes max to remove or install the top if you take your time and are being careful not to scratch the paint. I don't think I would want a Spyder for daily use simply because my daily commute is 85 miles of highway and the Spyder is loud (even with the top up) and the top removal/install would add to my commute time. But for weekends and having some fun after work the Spyder can''t be beat. It's like a motorcycle on four wheels with sticky tape for tires.

It's a beauty too. I was at the dealer yesterday and this lady brought her Boxster in for service. She asked what I was driving and I said a Spyder. She didn't know exactly what it was but when the tech pulled the car out she said "Oh wow, that is beautiful" followed by "I didn't know about that one" followed by "Good thing my husband isn't here to see it"

The looks are a big departure from most of what Porsche has out there. Not to say that there other offerings aren't stunning. Just pointing out that the lines on the car flow really well and Porsche did a fantastic job incorporating the light weight roof into an already attractive package.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Very nice Spyder with the right options! Good luck with the sale!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Thank you, Eduardo!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
I think the top is one of the things and the beauties that makes the Spyder so special and unique. For those that don't like the top or the fact that you have to use your hands to take it off, I don't think understand the purpose and the "soul" Porsche is trying to put back into the car. In a modern world with button filled steering wheels and consoles, the Spyder is exactly what it is supposed to be, simple and directed at the purists that understand it, and even better, appreciate the extra work it takes to remove the top. It's just another way to be involved with the car.

As Afshin also stated, what other car has a similar top? Not many, if any out there. it's very unique and definitely sets it apart from the world of modern convertibles with rear body panels with that visually unpleasing added body panel and gap for the body to magically open up at the press of a button so it can hide your heavy mechanical mechanism and fold your top into hidden space.

Would you like to see that extra battery door on the bottom of your MacBook Pro or rather have a nice unobstructed one piece surface?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

And also, nice car with nice options. Sad to see it go. Any plans on what to replace it with?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pluses outweigh the negatives, no motors to break, no cables to stretch or have ends break off of, no timing issues with clamshell, no switches to go bad, in short nothing to break. The canvass would be easy to replace at any canvass shop that does good boat work, speaking of which if you ever had a boat with camper canvass you will laugh at any suggestion the Spyder top is a toughy..
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Thanks guys. I get the concept on the roof more now. I'm going to drive one in the next coule of weeks and I'll let you know my thoughts.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I really really want a Spyder. My problem is my car is my DD. I can't see putting up with the top daily, and in the winter times.

Good Luck with the sale!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Spyder in winter (depending on where that is) would be a nightmare. No view out the back window would be a given, brushing snow? Problematic.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
Spyder in winter (depending on where that is) would be a nightmare. No view out the back window would be a given, brushing snow? Problematic.
+1

While I love the purist focus of the Spyder there is now way I could live with one through a winter. Snow removal would be a huge PITA, especially in teh back with the double humps and the small window. Add to that the fact that some air will make its way into the cabin with the top up (mind you not rain, just air) which would mean a slightly cold draft on my 80 mile commute. No thanks.

There is a time and a place for this car, winter is not one of them IMHO.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Easy solution for all you mentioning this thing called "snow?" and "winter?".......move to CA! No issues driving the Spyder year round here
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mile2424
Any plans on what to replace it with?
I was sworn to secrecy that this was coming - thought it was going to be announced at the NY or Geneva shows - but now that the cat is out of the bag, this is what I am considering, pending further details:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/la...rdo-58093.html

Manual transmission, RWD, all analog - no electric steering, no rear wheel steering, no electronic suspension, no electronic parking brake.

Edit: As I am writing this, the dealer e-mailed me that the order is already in for a July build!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Originally Posted by mile2424
Easy solution for all you mentioning this thing called "snow?" and "winter?".......move to CA! No issues driving the Spyder year round here
Would be a splendid suggestion except your state is the only state that is even more effed up in costs than NY.

Quick Reply: Boxster Spyder for sale