Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Boxster Spyder for sale

Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
66mustang
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I was sworn to secrecy that this was coming - thought it was going to be announced at the NY or Geneva shows - but now that the cat is out of the bag, this is what I am considering, pending further details:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/la...rdo-58093.html

Manual transmission, RWD, all analog - no electric steering, no rear wheel steering, no electronic suspension, no electronic parking brake.

Edit: As I am writing this, the dealer e-mailed me that the order is already in for a July build!
That sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Very cool replacement vehicle, I would love to own one of those. Are you going to lease or buy and keep it?

Any thoughts on waiting for the next generation car or do you think Lambo is moving even closer to an exotic GT with the new model?
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I was sworn to secrecy that this was coming - thought it was going to be announced at the NY or Geneva shows - but now that the cat is out of the bag, this is what I am considering, pending further details:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/la...rdo-58093.html

Manual transmission, RWD, all analog - no electric steering, no rear wheel steering, no electronic suspension, no electronic parking brake.

Edit: As I am writing this, the dealer e-mailed me that the order is already in for a July build!
Wow Alan that is a bucket list ride if I ever saw one. Interestingly it sounds like a similar concept to the Boxster Spyder, just with four more cylinders to get in trouble with!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 66mustang
That sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats
Indeed...after driving a MT/RWD Gallardo earlier this year, I learned that the hairs really can stand up on the back of one's neck.
Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Very cool replacement vehicle, I would love to own one of those. Are you going to lease or buy and keep it?

Any thoughts on waiting for the next generation car or do you think Lambo is moving even closer to an exotic GT with the new model?
As long as the business tax credit loophole exists for leases, I will take advantage of it. Lamborghini lease rates and residuals are about the same as Porsche.

Rumors are that the next one will be on a shared platform with the Porsche 960 and next generation R8, and will compete more directly with the Ferrari 458 and McLaren in terms of price and performance, and like both of them, with no manual. As with the Spyder, the appeal for me is the raw analog feedback.
Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
Wow Alan that is a bucket list ride if I ever saw one. Interestingly it sounds like a similar concept to the Boxster Spyder, just with four more cylinders to get in trouble with!
Exactly!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice... Congratulations!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
I think the top is one of the things and the beauties that makes the Spyder so special and unique. For those that don't like the top or the fact that you have to use your hands to take it off, I don't think understand the purpose and the "soul" Porsche is trying to put back into the car. In a modern world with button filled steering wheels and consoles, the Spyder is exactly what it is supposed to be, simple and directed at the purists that understand it, and even better, appreciate the extra work it takes to remove the top. It's just another way to be involved with the car.

As Afshin also stated, what other car has a similar top? Not many, if any out there. it's very unique and definitely sets it apart from the world of modern convertibles with rear body panels with that visually unpleasing added body panel and gap for the body to magically open up at the press of a button so it can hide your heavy mechanical mechanism and fold your top into hidden space.
Well put!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:18 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always had a manual top in the fleet, this one is even easier than the newer car called Spyder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boxster Spyder for sale