Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If this was your 981S would you expect Porsche to replace it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:33 PM
SIXPEED
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, first of all, I want to say I'm sorry about all the frustration you're going through. These are wondrous machines we drive and worship. Every once in a while something goes wrong and It changes our perspective. You have to decide what outcome is going to make you feel happy again. Some people can tolerate more than others depending on their life's experiences. Each person's perception is different. I had a similar problem when I bought my first new car in 1985. I don't have a lot of patience or tolerance for being inconvenienced, so I just sucked up the loss and traded it in at the same dealer for another car. At some point you're going to have to ask yourself if it's worth the aggravation, time and possibly losing your sanity. Will you ever be happy knowing they've adulterated your "new" car numerous times? I wouldn't. That's a personal question you have to ask yourself. Just food for thought my friend. Do keep us posted and best of luck.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 PM
CincyBoxster
5th Gear

So I picked the car up and went through the full paces of everything. As many options as I could on the PCM, NAV, Sat, Radio,iPod Car Info etc..., top up and down standstill and moving, heater and AC Then put the car through the paces of every option while driving, PDK Manual/Auto, Sport/Non Sport, PASM modes, Auto/Stop start and various combinations of each and everything is working fine but I'll be happy when I go several weeks with no aberrations. For now I'm just happy to have my baby back especially with warm weather around the corner.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
981FTW
Track Day

Glad to hear Cindy!! Genuinely hoping every problem has been addressed and remedied and that from this point forward you experience nothing but joyous drives that bring a smile to your face.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome. Hopefully she's good to go now.

Quick Reply: If this was your 981S would you expect Porsche to replace it?