Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

35 Boxster Spyder's on the market

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
That's good to know. All this talk...could cramp spontaneity!
Cramp spontaneity! Ian, is that you in the tub by any chance?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure... I'm the one on the left?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM
wbgordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comparison pics, guys. I logged on intending to ask whether I should consider trading my 987 Spyder for the new Cayman S when it becomes available. I think you just talked me out of it. ;-)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i dont have one
but this is one of the best p car made ever.....
so, if someone has a very very low option, but full leather, no pccb, sport seat, no gps car....... i might not be able to stop my self.

this is a car for the purist. you either get it or you dont. most dont....
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont have one
but this is one of the best p car made ever.....
so, if someone has a very very low option, but full leather, no pccb, sport seat, no gps car....... i might not be able to stop my self.

this is a car for the purist. you either get it or you dont. most dont....
Thtat is exactly how I optioned my Spyder although I did ad A/C and radio back in. Finding a Spyder with full leather is tough unless it has the red or sand colored interior and both of those are rare too.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Thtat is exactly how I optioned my Spyder although I did ad A/C and radio back in. Finding a Spyder with full leather is tough unless it has the red or sand colored interior and both of those are rare too.

I was lucky, I didn't order mine but the dealer kicked *** in their selections. Leather and alacantra sport buckets, PSE, Sport Wheel, sport chrono and a crazy expensive dead pedal that I would have never paid a couple hundred for.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 AM
Madjackdog
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
.... The other day on my commute to work, I hit a big traffic jam... accident! But when I got by it the freeway was nearly all clear, so I did 140 for the next few mi to my exit. I passed the ambulance at about 125 (he must have been doing 80+. I know I shouldn't, but some times the stars align. So the "Limit" of the roof is some concern.....
Words escape me.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ed,

I have not forgotten your discussion with the Porsche family, and I do not discount it.

Guys, 2 months ago used Spyders were selling at darn near MSRP (we had a thread on it). My take on the current inventory is that it's seasonal, nothing more. Check back in spring/summer, I bet things will change.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
racerman911
Track Day

I have just traded a 04 C4S for a 11 Spyder. I am now one of the converted... My C4S had PSS10s / full track suspension (GT3 arms, toes, etc.) I was wrestling with the next step - wanted the Carbon fiber seats, 6 point harnesses, etc. Would have made the C4S very non-street friendly and I'd have lost the complete use of the back seats (I have a 17 daughter who fits very well back there.)

Was at my local dealer at our club's winter party and the Spyder was sitting in the corner of the shop. The previous owner had just traded it on a 991.

The Spyder has been one of my favorite looking cars since it's introduction. I initially saw it at Sebring in 2010 (or 2011 - not exactly sure) at the PCA tent around turn 18. Fell in love at that time. The dealer (a good friend) made me a very reasonable deal. The car was on the floor for just 1 day before I bought it.

Decided that instead of making my C4S a track car (which it shouldn't be...) I'd trade it for a really great Track / Street car - the Spyder. The Spyder is almost as powerful (320 vs. 345 for my X50) and 300+ pounds lighter.

I'm thinking that in another year or two I'll also pickup a dedicated track car (maybe a Beck 904?). In the meantime This will serve me well.

Since the purchase I've had some cosmetic stuff done (added stripes, painted the wheels & mirrors, etc.) and moved over some of the GT3 suspension components. I'll post pictures when i am able.

Glad to be part of the Spyder family.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  93.6 KB
Old 03-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by racerman911
I have just traded a 04 C4S for a 11 Spyder. I am now one of the converted... My C4S had PSS10s / full track suspension (GT3 arms, toes, etc.) I was wrestling with the next step - wanted the Carbon fiber seats, 6 point harnesses, etc. Would have made the C4S very non-street friendly and I'd have lost the complete use of the back seats (I have a 17 daughter who fits very well back there.)

Was at my local dealer at our club's winter party and the Spyder was sitting in the corner of the shop. The previous owner had just traded it on a 991.

The Spyder has been one of my favorite looking cars since it's introduction. I initially saw it at Sebring in 2010 (or 2011 - not exactly sure) at the PCA tent around turn 18. Fell in love at that time. The dealer (a good friend) made me a very reasonable deal. The car was on the floor for just 1 day before I bought it.

Decided that instead of making my C4S a track car (which it shouldn't be...) I'd trade it for a really great Track / Street car - the Spyder. The Spyder is almost as powerful (320 vs. 345 for my X50) and 300+ pounds lighter.

I'm thinking that in another year or two I'll also pickup a dedicated track car (maybe a Beck 904?). In the meantime This will serve me well.

Since the purchase I've had some cosmetic stuff done (added stripes, painted the wheels & mirrors, etc.) and moved over some of the GT3 suspension components. I'll post pictures when i am able.

Glad to be part of the Spyder family.

Attachment 707882
Congrats on the Spyder!

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures when you get an opportunity. I would also be interested in what suspension parts you transferred and if you have a good before/after comparison.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by racerman911
I have just traded a 04 C4S for a 11 Spyder. I am now one of the converted...
Ah, Sewickley Porsche.. a good place to do business.

Welcome to the brotherhood. More pics would be great - love the stripe so far!

I have RSS LCAs and H&R Spyder sway bars. Have the rear thick sway bar at stiffer setting and the thing just begs to turn!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 AM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Ah, Sewickley Porsche.. a good place to do business.

Welcome to the brotherhood. More pics would be great - love the stripe so far!

I have RSS LCAs and H&R Spyder sway bars. Have the rear thick sway bar at stiffer setting and the thing just begs to turn!
do you mean the car or just the rear? I always get confused by this because i just want the turn in bit...lol
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by khooni
do you mean the car or just the rear? I always get confused by this because i just want the turn in bit...lol
I guess both, though I had initially meant the rear. Thicker bar on the back (& stiffer) will make the car turn in much better +/- oversteer. Thicker/stronger bar on the front will induce understeer, though both need to be tweaked to get a particular desired effect.

In other words, you want to upgrade or stiffen both front and rear swaybars to get better turn in. However, stiffening the rear more (compared to the front) will get you more of an oversteer and what you're looking for. At least that was what I was looking for.

Quick Reply: 35 Boxster Spyder's on the market