Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 Boxster S Fabspeed exhaust released

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 981 Boxster S Fabspeed exhaust released

This looks awesome! Great place to pick up power and quality pieces. Just looks like you need a tune to keep the CEL off if you go with the race headers/muffler: ************ - Fabspeed releases Porsche 981 Boxster S race and sport exhaust + headers. Weight savings & power gains - Pics, specs, and vid
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No sound clips.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 AM
jwade
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Fabspeed makes great products! Had by-pass pipes on my last Boxster and they sound great. I would like to know more about the sport cat version of the headers and see some dyno and real world power numbers and drive by clips. I am keeping my PSE without a doubt, but may look into the header option down the road as stock is very restrictive.

I am also waiting for Softronic and IPD to release their tuning software, intake plenum and throttle bodies... I think once these items are on the market we will be seeing these 3.4 991 engines inside the Boxster platform making 350hp without a doubt, which is what they should be making stock.

It just blows that you have to spend around 2800 for the headers, atleast a grand on the tuning software and around another 1500-2000 on the plenum and throttle body to get it there. Kind of alot when the car is already running what it does but aftermarket hp for P-cars doesn't come cheap...

I am looking forward to driving my new S this fall and have no immediate plans to upgrade...I've been through the mod bug on too much stuff in the past...Just will wait and see what these items will offer.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 AM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts

Looks like a nice setup for sure BUT so much "blah-blah-blah" about the exhaust but no sound clips with either setup?

I don't get it.... when will vendors learn what we want? Spend all that time to install, shoot the video and no sound clip? How hard would it have been to start it up and let us hear it?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think its it early so we have to wait. They just released this. If I run into sound clips I'll let you guys know, want to hear it myself.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 AM
RC997
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners Manual

Hi guys, I have purchased new 981 that was in a nice little mishap with a tree. It was sold through the salvage auctions and someone has taken the owners books from the glovebox. I am trying to work out why the roof won't retract (no damage), it will only unhook on the screen. Anyone have an idea ? Cheers
Old 08-24-2012, 12:51 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RC997
Hi guys, I have purchased new 981 that was in a nice little mishap with a tree. It was sold through the salvage auctions and someone has taken the owners books from the glovebox. I am trying to work out why the roof won't retract (no damage), it will only unhook on the screen. Anyone have an idea ? Cheers
That's about as OT as it can get. Nonetheless, it didn't take long for someone to trash a 981 already, did it?

Quick Reply: 981 Boxster S Fabspeed exhaust released