Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

tracking a standard cayman R/boxster spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
That's correct. You don't need the mounts since lap belts bolt to seat belt attachments. However, I've discovered that the lap belts get in your way, dig into your hips, get in the way of stock seat belts, etc., when not in use. So what I'm looking to do is put latch ends on lap belts then attach them to the aforementioned mounts during DEs then take them off in-between. One of those things that can be helpful if you drive it on the street.
Joe - what I did was just pull the lap belts out of the opening and lay them along side the seat when not at the track. Simple and effective for me.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

I do the same things as RayDBonz -- I pull the lap belts through the seat holes and lay them on the side. I push the shoulder belts through their holes and they fall to the floor.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:11 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

on the rs, the side belts are bolted to a separate nut not shared with the seat belt so I don't think it is an apples to apples comparison.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

ok thanks everyone. I'm going to get harnesses fitted (for both passenger and driver) as well as LCAs front and rear and get a full track alignment with corner weighting. Also getting some MPSS on them......

My pretty spyder getting a real edge....
Old 07-05-2013, 06:48 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Funny ! Khooni in his first message said, "with the mind set that I don't want to mod anything unnecessary."

And now he's getting the belts, the LCA, etc. etc.

What was that about the slippery slope??
Old 07-05-2013, 09:07 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

yup, more quality track time and an RS (subsequent to the first post) can influence how one thinks. Think I may get the 3rd radiator as well............
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Boostu
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orthojoe
If you've got an RS as a track car already, why not keep the spyder for good weather weekend fun? Exige is another track car that won't be as fun as an RS, I think. Btw, I have a friend that bought a lotus as a track toy. It lasted 3 track days before it caught on fire. The car is now gone.
I tracked a heavily modified Elise for 3 years and never had a mechanical issue. Tons of people track the Elise/Exige on the OEM setup without catching on fire. It's the fuel and oil starvation that typically kill engines but that's more commentary about street cars being billed as track cars than anything else.

Quick Reply: tracking a standard cayman R/boxster spyder