Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voluntary Service Action - Clutch Pedal #WC09

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Voluntary Service Action - Clutch Pedal #WC09

can someone explain what sevice is needed as I can't find out for the life of me doing a search here.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you talking about the clutch switch?

If so, you can have your clutch switch replaced with a new part at the dealer. If the switch goes bad, you can't start the car (will usually start showing symptoms earlier). Don't know if they'll replace it if yours is working fine.

If you do end up getting it replaced, make sure that the part number ends with .02 (vs. .01).
Old 08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been told there are two clutch switches (I know). One acts as the_vetman describes (and, I think, disables the cruise control) and the other impacts torque on shifting.

Do we know which this applies to? or both?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:56 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
I've been told there are two clutch switches (I know). the other impacts torque on shifting.
Hmmm... very interesting. I did not know about this...

There have been many reports of people not being able to start the car (usually starts out as slow to start) and having the clutch switch/sensor replaced, but now I wonder if the other part is bad too? Maybe it's been going unnoticed because it's not as obvious as cars not starting?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Hmmm... very interesting. I did not know about this...

There have been many reports of people not being able to start the car (usually starts out as slow to start) and having the clutch switch/sensor replaced, but now I wonder if the other part is bad too? Maybe it's been going unnoticed because it's not as obvious as cars not starting?
From the Cayman Register http://caymanregister.org/showthread...=clutch+switch, which also points to the RL link https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...ay-switch.html

My CR has given me the 'depress clutch' message (with clutch fully depressed) twice since I got it. We haven't had the problem on any of the other Porsches.

Quick Reply: Voluntary Service Action - Clutch Pedal #WC09