Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Targa75
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
I just been informed directly from the factory that PTS Will be available for boxster spyder starting-gâté in produit september 2015
I am considering gulf blue or brewster Green
Any other idea or interior choice ?
Rgds
sv
Old 06-02-2015, 09:52 AM
jimsinair
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great color choices! Interior wise, I like the cars that have the different color stitching, and trim painted to match the exterior. I am not sure of the latest Spyder interior choices but I have seen past Spyders with multi color interiors that were really nice. I think it was blue/black, black/white and some other color combinations. The black wheels look great on the solid/bright color cars. Please post pictures and details when you get it.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:24 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,595 Likes on 878 Posts

PTS is on the Canada 981 Spyder configurator!!! Hopefully this will be available for the USA soon as well.
http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...fmodelstart%2f
Old 06-05-2015, 02:09 AM
c4sdave
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Spyder

Any updates on the possibility of carbon seats being back on the order form?
Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 AM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,595 Likes on 878 Posts

Originally Posted by navanoD
PTS is on the Canada 981 Spyder configurator!!! Hopefully this will be available for the USA soon as well.
http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...fmodelstart%2f
Scratch this... Porsche removed it from the Canada configurator. PTS is available in some European markets though... Strangely, Germany isn't one of them.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:37 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

someone posted the latest PTS list in the Macan forum
a few new colors being studied
Old 06-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Latest 5/12/2015 PTS list....

Originally Posted by JSF101
someone posted the latest PTS list in the Macan forum
a few new colors being studied
Thanks for the heads up from Steve...and Cy456 for getting us the list!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Cupertino, CA
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Color to Sample, 5-12-2015.pdf (130.5 KB, 254 views)
Old 06-07-2015, 01:41 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

I had the opportunity to spend some time with the lovely Melissa Witek the other day and she mentioned she recently ordered a maritime spyder for display at PCNA. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully it means that PTS is coming back to 981 aoon (but not GT4 unfortunately...)
Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

care to elaborate?

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
(but not GT4 unfortunately...)
Old 06-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Kiety
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finalized order on a 981 CGTS. Was going to go with the spyder but a few factors kept me away from the soft top and plastic rear window.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGI7RN43
Old 06-11-2015, 11:51 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I asked her if an when PTS would be available. She said she didn't know when it would be available for the GT4. I asked her if I should wait on my GT4 allocation for PTS and she didn't think it was a good idea. I got the sense that PTS would be a no-go for the GT4. Who knows what the true story is these days with Porsche and PTS...
Old 06-17-2015, 11:48 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

so if I understand correctly, all the green check marked colors are tried and tested and available as PTS colors? that's a lot of choices.. pretty cool!

i wish there was a similar repertoire of color samples associated so we could see what they look like. going a google search with the word "porsche" and then the color yields a variety of hues.. tough to know which ones are even accurate.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS color samples coming to PCNA's two 'Porsche Exclusive' US 'showroom' offices!

Originally Posted by CAlexio
so if I understand correctly, all the green check marked colors are tried and tested and available as PTS colors? that's a lot of choices.. pretty cool!

i wish there was a similar repertoire of color samples associated so we could see what they look like. going a google search with the word "porsche" and then the color yields a variety of hues.. tough to know which ones are even accurate.
CAlexio: There is a longer discussion about this topic in this other thread at the gt3 forum. Let me quote the relevant parts that might help with your 'wish'!

Originally Posted by Z356
...You probably will be able to see a color chip at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen, simply because that is where they store the information on what PTS colors have been done in the past. We recently heard from Rennlister Otisdog that 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US might get a full set of approved samples for all PTS colors. I think that is a tall order...but will be happy to see it if true.

In general, PAG doesn't encourage folks to order PTS based on photos or other representations from their employees due to legal liability issues. It's a 'Paint to Sample' program at heart...the initiative has to come from YOU. This is so when you get your PTS custom ordered vehicle, you can't blame anybody else but you if you don't like it! At present, the issues with feasibility studies that take a long time to get approved (or rejected) has led to more folks simply ordering from colors already tested & approved for other customers...such as 'Diamond Black Metallic' or 'Riviera Blue'! For all we know, your desired 'Diamond Black Metallic' sample might already be on the 'Wailing Wall' at Zuffenhausen (see below)...we just don't know.

Originally Posted by pmpsch
Met with Matthew at the Beverly Hills PE last week. Very nice chap but sadly at the time the colour samples he had were very limited.

He nevertheless did mention that a full set was on its way (in the shape of small porsches ) so some of you lucky guys might see it at some point.

Eduardo, a big thanks for all the help you are providing all around the globe...more important Porsche should be the one thanking you somehow. i find it very surprising there are no color samples associated with the PTS approved list...online search is often limited.

Is it possible to have a (as complete as currently possible) labeling of the last pic you posted? Thanks again

Patrick
Originally Posted by Z356
Re: 'Wailing Wall'

It is Henry's (JUPJAI) great photo and we have discussed previously some of the colors we recognized...although a few are in contention. In previous posts, you have seen me & others take a guess at some of the 'blues', 'greens' and 'yellows'.

One of us Rennlisters will show up soon at Zuffenhausen & hopefully be able to document each & every color on that wall! But just remember that PAG does NOT encourage anyone to choose a PTS color based on these photos...since the latter can often misrepresent how the hue is seeing by the human eye. So it's to be use only a general guideline to establish broad parameters as to what palette is 'liked' or 'preferred'. For example, the vivid 'greens' on the wall are hard to tell apart from this photo. And it will be difficult for such a picture to assist anyone trying to decide if they should order 'Viper', 'Signal Green', 'Pure Green', 'RS Green' or whatever other color one of these samples might be!

So caveat lector!
Starting post #255
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...gt3-rs-17.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 06-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS color samples coming to PCNA's two 'Porsche Exclusive' US 'showroom' offices!

re-post deleted

Last edited by Z356; 06-17-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: double post
Old 06-18-2015, 01:58 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Eduardo,

thanks I had seen this... the hilarity of this color wall though is that they don't provide names go to with it. It's like they want you to go nuts playing detective... what good are a bunch of samples without names attached?

I'm going to go to my SA and say, "I'd like fourth row down, 6 from the left please"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!