Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Sarnie
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
I suspect Riviera Blue
Yeah I thought so too or Voodoo or Mexico Blue maybe?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarnie
Yeah I thought so too or Voodoo or Mexico Blue maybe?
Not Voodoo.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Sarnie
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Not Voodoo.
Ok thanks, would you say it's Riviera too?

Are there are pictures of Light Green or Pastel Orange Caymans about at all?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

agreed not Voodoo...

I think it is to light to be Mexico Blue
Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Latest PTS List from PCNA dated 9/09/2014

We thank Tony77 and Rijowysock for providing us the latest PCNA 'PTS' list, although it doesn't have any effective change since the last one we posted dated 7/22/2014.

The only change is that 'chartreuse/lindgruen/limegreen' (code 226) is currently under feasibility study. That is at the request of Rennlist member 'Green Lantern' in Northern California. 'Chartreuse' is a vintage early 911 color that dates back at least to MY1972. It was recently used as a PTS color by another Rennlist member on his Limited Edition 4.0 .2 997 gt3 RS. It is simply a stunning color! Should it be approved by 'Porsche Exclusive' after feasibility testing, I will be one of the most striking color offered by Porsche on a 991 or 981 body!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Attached Images
Old 10-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sarnie
Finally, how close is the Pastel Orange to the GT3RS orange?
'Pastel' is brighter than the now unavailable 'RS Orange'. For a better description, see post #121 at this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...and-you-9.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 11-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Can we get 'Porsche Exclusive' to confirm?

The following was posted in the 991 forum and I think it deserves attention here on the 981 forum too:

Originally Posted by Keadog
I'm guessing Exclusive is pretty busy with the seemingly out of nowhere elimination of all PTS orders after December builds until at least June.
Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I in fact got my PTS allocation confirmed for late Feb 2015. Was getting very worried there for a few days.
Just in case some of you missed Keadog's posting on the 991 forum, this is the story behind the above two posts:

I noticed that the PTS option had disappeared from the Configurator, so I emailed my dealer to verify this couldn't possibly affect my order, since I had already been delayed from September to November to February '15. I was wrong. No PTS for me. Anyone with outstanding PTS orders might want to check on things
Email from dealer said no more after December until start of '16 production.
Originally Posted by Z356
Keith: This is not good news, as it doesn't bode well for the whole PTS program at Porsche if it is indeed true. I have been anticipating the face lifted MY2016 .2 991 (or 992) to start production in late Spring of 2015. Some sources have recently speculated that it's debut would be delayed until the IAA (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) at Frankfurt in September and production of the '16 .2 991 would start later that Fall. Either way (6 or nearly 10 months) is quite a long time without PTS if that email is correct...and it would be unprecedented in recent history at 'Porsche Exclusive'!

So if it's true, it puts into question whether PAG is currently re-evaluating PTS as a viable option, with all of its coordination & production headaches/liabilities for the company. Thus it would NOT surprise me, should they decide to continue with PTS, if they up the price considerably starting with MY2016 for this option. So caveat lector.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8434...l-my-16-a.html

I am hoping someone that has a custom order 981 & already knows well someone at 'Porsche Exclusive' contacts them in the US or directly in Germany & confirms for us at Rennlist officially what was told to Keadog. Thanks.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 11-14-2014, 10:39 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

this would be a major fail if Porsche did away with PTS

can't wait for VAG to "spin off" Porsche so they can unlock the value for their shareholders
Old 11-15-2014, 12:43 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JSF101
...can't wait for VAG to "spin off" Porsche so they can unlock the value for their shareholders
Nein, that's not going to happen. Although the Porsche family technically owns the majority of shares in the VW Group, it doesn't control the Board of Directors or the decision making. The latter is in the able hands of Ferdinand Piëch. And he is quietly laughing at all of this 'spin off' talk from his splendid manor house at Wolfsburg in Lower Saxony.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 AM
nh4
Instructor

Eduardo (or anyone that might know!),

If the rumors for the Cayman GT4 play out that there are teasers in February, the car is officially unveiled at Geneva, and then allocations and orders start shortly thereafter, when would be the best time to approach the Exclusive group about PTS availability for the car?

From other threads here I know it's a real risk that PTS just might not be an option for the GT4. I'd just like to get a sense when I could expect to contact the Exclusive group and hope to get an official answer.

Thanks,

-nh4.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:06 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

not to be too quick to judge as the GT4 is nothing but rumor until they officially release it (although everybody but the man in the moon says it's a reality)

but my desire for a GT4 without PTS option will be greatly diminished

again, major fail Porsche

we should all point to Eduardo for making it so popular

I think this just in time excuse is just a bunch of BS, how hard is it to paint something Voodoo Blue or Signal Green instead of GT Silver or White?

and why have just 4 standard colors, plus a handful of metallic and 2 or 3 special colors

they should have a dozen standard (flat) colors and another dozen metallics

Originally Posted by nh4
it's a real risk that PTS just might not be an option for the GT4.

Thanks,

-nh4.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 AM
nh4
Instructor

Originally Posted by JSF101
not to be too quick to judge as the GT4 is nothing but rumor until they officially release it (although everybody but the man in the moon says it's a reality)

but my desire for a GT4 without PTS option will be greatly diminished

again, major fail Porsche

we should all point to Eduardo for making it so popular

I think this just in time excuse is just a bunch of BS, how hard is it to paint something Voodoo Blue or Signal Green instead of GT Silver or White?

and why have just 4 standard colors, plus a handful of metallic and 2 or 3 special colors

they should have a dozen standard (flat) colors and another dozen metallics
I agree completely. I had posted my question above before I saw the "no more PTS" threads in the 911 and GT3 sections... With regards to the GT4 I was pretty vested in the 375-380HP, PDK-S, RWS, and other GT3 bits rumor as it seemed plausible and would allow Porsche to still offer some cool engineering in the Cayman as well as protect the 911... Now it seems there will not be PDK-S and there will not be any form of RWS. Take away the PTS and suddenly it's a less appealing package... Obviously it is all still rumor.

The one potential bright side is that the cancellation of PTS seems to be for MY '15. The GT4 should be a MY '16, so maybe there is some hope. I had posted in another thread that my concern was that if PTS is being cancelled due to quality control issues that when it comes back it will either be (a) a lot more expensive (b) only offered on higher end models or (c) both a and b.

I also couldn't help but notice that a decent 2013 C2S coupe could be had for the price the GT4 is rumored do be coming out at (85-90k USD)... If the GT4 is more marketing than engineering, and I can't personalize it the way I want to, why not get a 911 that someone else has already broken in?

-nh4.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:42 PM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default What about other Z options? E.g. Deviated Stitching?

So moving back to the more general view - is deviated stitching for 2015 Boxsters still available? As an option for a GTS build? My CA is investigating, and he's good, but I thought I would throw this question out to the Rennlist experts!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by beaverlake
So moving back to the more general view - is deviated stitching for 2015 Boxsters still available? As an option for a GTS build? My CA is investigating, and he's good, but I thought I would throw this question out to the Rennlist experts!
This was just posted at the 'Custom Ordering 991' thread at the other forum, but it might apply as well to the 981 GTS:

Originally Posted by hinckley
Final word from Melissa on GTS deviating options -

There are no Z Offers on the GTS, so that is what prevents us from deviating the carpets (as well as the stitching). Sorry I don't have better news. You will get Espresso floor mats with this two-tone, so at least you will have some protection with the darker mat down there.

Warm Regards,
Melissa
Keep in mind that PAG often enters into subcontracts with outside vendors for 'limited' production interiors (e.g. gt3, gts) and it restricts their ability to offer deviations from their 'standard' GTS/GT3 offerings.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 12-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Is PTS available again? I noticed that it's back on the configurator. I want to put an order in for a Cayman GTS PTS, but my dealer states its not available. So either my dealer is wrong or the configurator is?!?!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!