Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Would anyone have Voodoo Blue, Mexico Blue and Turquoise Blue pictures?

Thank you in advance.

Steve
Old 08-16-2014, 05:55 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
Would anyone have Voodoo Blue, Mexico Blue and Turquoise Blue pictures?

Thank you in advance.

Steve
This Thread is the resource I used.
http://teamspeed.com/forums/porsches...d-porsche.html
-Richard
Old 08-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

If this car is slate gray (615):

and this car is slate gray (according to the Porsche Exclusive website):

Then which is correct, or are they the same with different lighting/photo processing? They look to be different to me. The top one definitely has a greenish hue and the second one is more pure gray.

Lastly, is this silver stone (Y97), slate gray, or something else? This looks more like the second photo, but still a bit different.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Latest PTS List from PCNA dated 7/22/2014

This is the latest PTS list I have received thanks to Melissa Witek of 'Porsche Exclusive' in Atlanta.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images

Last edited by Z356; 08-18-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:36 PM
zathras
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perretar
Eduardo, you said:
"The standout player 'brown/tan' color from the Cayenne interior selections was 'Espresso/Cognac'. Due to demand for that combo, PAG & 'Porsche Exclusive' eventually decided to offer that two tone combination on the 991 too. It is currently one of the most striking & notable leather interiors available on a Porsche! "
Was the Espresso/Cognac combo ever available on 981's ? I saw Carrera, Boxster, & Cayman on back of the sample panel at local dealership but salesman does not remember seeing it on the configurator. Maybe only thru 'Porsche Exclusive' ?
Also can you comment on how PTS for a previously available color might affect build time. I am thinking about Amaranth Red on a 2015 Cayman S.
Originally Posted by Z356
Not to my knowledge. If anyone is interested in that two tone combination for a 981, they need to inquire with 'Porsche Exclusive' & see what they say!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? Specifically the availability of Espresso/Cognac interior on the 981?
I have sent an email to Porsche Exclusive but thought I'd bring it up here to see if anyone has new info. I will report back if/when they respond.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:09 AM
nh4
Instructor

Originally Posted by zathras
Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? Specifically the availability of Espresso/Cognac interior on the 981?
I have sent an email to Porsche Exclusive but thought I'd bring it up here to see if anyone has new info. I will report back if/when they respond.
I did ask specifically about the espresso / cognac interior on the 981 and was told it's not an option but what could be done to get close to the look was doing a full Espresso interior with Cognac seat inlays and armrests.

-nh4.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:23 AM
nh4
Instructor

In trying to keep up with all the info in the GT3 section, there are a few members that had tried for a PTS allocation and were later told they had missed the window. From reading the PTS threads, I know that it's only offered during certain times of the year and that only a certain number of slots are available in each cycle.

My question is, how to best make sure I get an allocation in the PTS window. Currently I am number one on the list for the Cayman GT4 at me dealer. They are a Premiere Dealer. Do either of those things matter?!?! My assumption is "first come, first served" in that if I get my order in and tagged for PTS as soon as the GT4 is available for ordering then I'm more likely to get a spot in the PTS line.

Does that sound about right for the folks that have gone through PTS or are far more familiar with it than I am?

As an aside, I do understand all this is with the big assumption that PTS is even an option on the GT4!

Thanks,

-nh4.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:28 AM
nh4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jon70
Lastly, is this silver stone (Y97), slate gray, or something else? This looks more like the second photo, but still a bit different.

I've asked Porsche Exclusive for the official name / paint code for this car. Thus far I have not heard back but in all honesty it's probably a pretty low priority request for them and from other threads here it's pretty clear they are overworked and understaffed! If / when I do get a reply I'll be sure to post it here for everyone.

-nh4.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:20 PM
zathras
Instructor

Originally Posted by nh4
I did ask specifically about the espresso / cognac interior on the 981 and was told it's not an option but what could be done to get close to the look was doing a full Espresso interior with Cognac seat inlays and armrests.

-nh4.
Well here is a recap of my recent communications with Porsche Exclusive and my SA about this

About the same time I sent the email to PE, I sent basically the same questions to the sales associate at the local dealer. A few days later I get an answer from each.

Matthew Henry from PE says yes, you can use espresso as the base color and then deviate a bunch of parts in cognac (seat centers, armrests, instrument cover, etc.. Sounds like the same info nh4 received. So it would be different than the standard espresso/cognac combo offered on the 991 but would look very nice. He also said the lts adds 80 days to the lead time but since I was going to get pts as well then the pts would be the limiting factor- production slot for pts is Feb '15. And yes, I can get the M8Z Cognac on the 981.

So not 30 minutes later I get an email from my SA saying "I called the Porsche mothership and the guy is out til tomorrow. I'll let you know."

hmmm... okayyyyyy.. I just heard from the mothership and he said I could get everything I wanted... whatever, I'll wait til tomorrow to hear you tell me what I already know...

So next day comes along and I'm fired up, I'm excited, my SA's gonna send me an email any minute now and I can get this custom 981 in the works! tick tick tick.... finally! the email dings and there it is!!

"That color is not an approved color by Porsche. I just got off the phone with them. As far as the interior goes, you can do a different color but not two tone."

what.the.actual.f*.???

I was kinda dumbfounded. This is an SA with 25 years experience selling Pcars... why would she either be lying to me or be so wrong on this???

after an hour or so of contemplating my response I just sent a polite 'thanks I'll be in touch'... (which I won't)...

So anyway, I appreciate all the great info in this thread- I may order a custom Porsche someday, but for now I just closed a deal on a 2013 911 c2 cab.. at a different dealer of course...
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I just closed a deal on a 2013 911 c2 cab...
Congratulations, Zathras. A bird in the hand is always worth more than two in the 'uncertain' & 'hard-to-pin-down' bush at 'Porsche Exclusive'! We have all had our issues with this bespoke program at Porsche. It certainly could be better organized and managed...that is for sure!

Enjoy your new C2 Cab!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 09-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default From a PTS 'Lichtgrün' discussion at another forum...

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
Eduardo agrees with me and that puts me on the correct side of this debate! Cheers Eduardo!

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I like the color, not sure about the whole car w/o some contrasting black as others have said.
Check out the first Targa I have seen in PTS 'Lichtgrün'. The black roof and stainless roll bar create the perfect contrast to a strong hue such as 'Birch Green'! I absolutely love it!

Originally Posted by Aussie
During our factory tour I saw what I am fairly certain was a Turquoise Blue GT3. .
To my knowledge, 'Turquoise Blue' (3AS) not yet been approved on the 991/981. We saw 997's & other models of that era done in this beautiful color however...and it wouldn't surprise me if we see it custom ordered for the 991/981!

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
I'd observe that the Germanics rather like the greens on their gt3's...
Not just gt3's. Historically, Germans have strongly liked 'green' in all kinds of things...including uniforms & Wehrmacht vehicles! Young Ferry got into trouble in the war when he asked that the first 'Ferdinand' (Panzerjäger Tiger Sd. Kfz. 184) be done in PTS 'Oak Green Metallic', color code 22L. As the story goes, the Waffen-SS objected and the color went back to it's designated 'Graugrün', code 7008 (see below). Personally, I would have gone for the 'Dunkelgelb nach Muster' and insisted on deviating stitching in the interior. But what do I know about authentic Blitzkrieg hues? Ferry almost landed in the Eastern Front for that stunt...rather than in the relative safety of Gmünd in the Austrian state of Carinthia at war's end. So PTS has a long tradition at Porsche...and has always been a bit dangerous to choose!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*Photo of Targa courtesy of JUPJAI in Canada, who is expecting a Targa in this combination pretty soon!

To read full discussion, go to this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...green-gt3.html
Attached Images     
Old 09-09-2014, 02:23 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default More on PTS 'Lichtgrün'

Larger photo of PTS 'Lichtgrün' Targa (Photo #1)!

And news of MY2015 PTS 'Lichtgrün' Turbo S Coupe with Dark 'Glass' Roof option (photo #2) at Porsche of San Diego!

http://san-diego.porschedealer.com/n...28482/info.php

Heads-up notice thanks to JUPJAI in Vancouver, Canada!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 09-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Has 'Agate/Pebble Grey' two tone been dropped from the Configurator?

I just noticed that two tone 'Agate/Pebble Grey' is no longer an option on the US configurator for the 981 or 991. Anyone has further news on this development?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 10-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Sarnie
6th Gear

Hi Guys,

First post, all the way from the UK!!

Can anyone help me identify this colour? It came up on Google under a search for Ipanema Blue but I'm not sure it is?

http://ag-spots-2014.o.auroraobjects...14094309_1.jpg

Also, are there any Cayman pictures in Light Green at all? Finally, how close is the Pastel Orange to the GT3RS orange?

Many thanks!!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I suspect Riviera Blue

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!