Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 AM
hankhoh
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deviated stitching pics

Mike R. did a superb job getting deviated yellow stitching in his 981 - took these pictures from his wonderful Leipzig delivery journal:
Attached Images   
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 AM
hankhoh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdeleeuw
Hello All,

Getting close to finalizing an order and I am considering black full leather with deviated stitching in platinum gray. Other than the pic in post 46, any other photos out there of full or nearly full deviated stitching on 981/991 interiors?

Best,

Mike
And these show Amber Orange deviated stitching from my Agate/Amber interior:
Attached Images   
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by hankhoh
Mike R. did a superb job getting deviated yellow stitching in his 981 - took these pictures from his wonderful Leipzig delivery journal:
Looks great. First time I see deviating 'yellow' on a 981 or 991! What is that color deviating stitching officially called on Mike R. custom order & how did it differ in pricing from the standard charge for normally available deviating stitching colors in the 981/991 which were limited to:

Black
Platinum Grey
Yachting Blue
Luxor Beige
Espresso
Pebble Grey
Carrera Red
Agate Grey
Guards Red
Lime Gold

And these show Amber Orange deviated stitching from my Agate/Amber interior:
hankhoh, you got a winning color combo there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 AM
hankhoh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Z356
hankhoh, you got a winning color combo there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Thanks for your kind words, Eduardo! Actually posted an earlier thank you to you on another thread too!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...-orange-2.html
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
TTLATION
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deviated stitching pics

Just to be clear before I order, with agate/amber does the deviated stitching on

the dash match that on the doors (option CXM), extended dashboard trim

(CZW) & steering column casing leather (XNS)?

From the pics above I can see that the ds on the dash is orange but not sure about the

door stitching.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TTLATION
Just to be clear before I order, with agate/amber does the deviated stitching on the dash match that on the doors (option CXM), extended dashboard trim (CZW) & steering column casing leather (XNS)? From the pics above I can see that the ds on the dash is orange but not sure about the door stitching.
Perhaps Hankhoh and others will give more details. But from past memory, 'Agate/Amber' will give you just the deviating stitching on 'base' dash & eyebrow, plus top of the doors (Photo #1). Any additional leather trim you order (extended dashboard trim or steering column casing) might be an extra cost...if they even allow you to order it with deviating stitching.

Last year, at the beginning of MY2013 production, they were not allowing any other leather option (besides seats, dash, door & back panels) to be done with deviating stitching. So some of the leather interior in your car would not match 100% the other re: deviating stitching! But I think there has been some adjustments to that policy recently. On his 'Agate/Pebble Grey' two tone interior of his new C4S cabriolet, Oldman40 was able to get deviating stitching on his extended dashboard trim, something you can see in the background of the attached 2nd photo. So you need to confirm what the latest re: allowed deviating stitching in the US spec cars by asking 'Porsche Exclusive' directly!

Thanks for your kind words, Eduardo! Actually posted an earlier thank you to you on another thread too!
https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...-orange-2.html
Thank you for that too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images   
Old 11-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Latest Approved PTS color list - as of 10/2013

The latest approved Porsche Paint to Sample color list was posted by Rennlist member Conekilr over at the 991 gt3 forum (which is greatly appreciated). It is attached at the bottom of this post. For those who have followed the previous approved lists for the 991/981 that I and others have posted on this thread, you will find some interesting surprises on this latest one:

Gulf Blue (#328) is approved! So is Signal Yellow (#114) and Signal Green (#22S). And Viper Green (#225). Tangerine (Blutorange) is on Feasibility status! All of this is great news!

A word of caution. Please understand that how any one PTS gets on the approved list is that someone has requested that specific color 'formula' and it has been approved. But there might be different color formulas for a particular color name! Let me give you an example. When I was in Zuffenhausen last April, I had an extensive 2 hour VIP visit with 'Porsche Exclusive' and I discussed this subject with them at length. I used to own a '07 997S done in PTS 'Signal Green'. It was 'colour code # W25'. Yet in the early 1990's, the factory had done some cars in something they called 'Signal Green' which had a 'colour code #22S'. In the sixties & seventies, the factory also had different color formulation for 'Signal Green' with various color number codes (although they are now mostly referred to as color code #217 for all 'Signal Green' in that early era).

In the attached photos which I took at Porsche Exclusive's office in Zuffenhausen last Spring (2013), you can see that there is a difference between Signal Green 'W25' and Signal Green '217'. The person(s) who got the 'Signal Green' approved for his/her 991 in the past few months decided on Signal Green '22S' (not pictured) but which has quite a bit of blue (similar to color 217 in the photo). If I were to order a 991 in 'Signal Green', I would insist on color formula 'W25', which has more yellow in the tint and absolutely gorgeous! But it's all personal preferences. But if you are spending $5500 for this PTS option and putting up with all the delays such order may entail, please be aware that not all colors - even if they have the same official factory 'name' - are exactly alike! Do your own research and verify with Porsche Germany that the formula you see on the 'approved list' is for the exact color you had your heart set on!

In these photos, you will also see the official Porsche factory color chip for Viper Green (225). And you can compare it to the various Signal Greens and also the 'RS Green' color code 2d8 (factory now calls it just 'Grun'). Hopefully, some of you will find this useful.

'Signal Yellow' is an absolutely awesome color. I had an original paint 1973 911T Sunroof Coupe in that color. See attached factory color plate (114-9-1). So that gives me some hope that the approved 991/981 color is similar since it is coded 114.

Gulf Blue. We will await to see how this 'colour code 328' resembles the historic Gulf Blue of the longhood era.

BlutOrange/Tangerine is on the feasibility list now. That means it's under test to see if it passes all the proper fading and adherence standards. I was instrumental in getting the person that was interested in this color for his 991 order an actual photograph of the official 'colour chip' at Zuffenhausen. It is color code 018 and I have attached a photo compared to another orange color available - Pastell Z17. I am glad to see that the order is 'in' and the feasibility study for this great historic color in under technical consideration.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel, CA
Attached Images       
Attached Images
Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

A larger photo in case you want to examine the various hues of the colors in greater detail. At the bottom, my old 2007 997S in custom ordered PTS 'Signal Green - W25'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Yesterday, a sales person from a Porsche dealer in Canada posted this over at the 991 'custom ordering' thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-15.html

I thought some of you might like to see it. I have asked him to post here directly. He is ordering some interesting options from 'Porsche Exclusive' that should be seen by others!

Saludos,
Eduardo

2014 Porsche Cayman S Rhodium Silver on Agate Grey and Amber Orange

P9A Convenience Pkg
P9G Infotainment Pkg with Bose
S2 Rhodium Silver Metallic
BX Two Tone leathe Agate Grey/Amber Orange
425 Rear Wiper
603 Bi Xenon Lighting with PDLS
636 Park Assist front and rear
220 Porsche Torque Vectoring
450 Porsche PCCB
475 PASM
640 Sport Chrono
XLF Sport Exhaust
423 20" Carrera S wheel
XDH Wheels painted in Satin Mat
583 Smoking pkg
CGE Instrument dial Sport Chrono in Racing Yello
P04 Sports Seats Plus (2way electric)
XFR Instrument dials in Racing Yellow
970 Leather Interior pkg in Two Tone combination
CPE Key pouch in leather
XLK Sport Design Steering Wheel in Alcantara

I think this is one of the best looking Caymans ever!
Lawrence.

Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sfo

looks like this s/w has the back parts covered in leather .. which are usually black.

if so, have not ever seen this on a 981/991 .. what is the option code?
Originally Posted by RUS213
To SFO: you will get this back part of steering wheel covered in leather (in color of your interior) only if you choose steering wheel with wood or carbon. Otherwise (in all other cases) - yes, you are right, you will get black plastic.
Originally Posted by JSF101
thanks for the info, that's good to know
my assumption was the leather was part of the steering column in leather option as previously noted

would be good info for Eduardo's thread on custom options for your Porsche
I am wondering if that is the whole story. I was happily surprised when I discovered that the back of my Sport Design wheel in 'Carrera Red' on my Boxster Spyder was 'red' and not 'black'. It was painted, not 'leather covered'. I may have been because I ordered the 'steering column casing in leather', which came in 'Carrera Red'. See last photo. But I don't remember ever seeing the back of a steering wheel (standard, multifunction or sport design) color coordinated to the leather color of a 'steering column casing' yet on a 981, except for the photo at the top! Is the wood/carbon option the reason? Or is it because 'steering column casing in leather' was ordered? It be nice to confirm directly from 'Porsche Exclusive'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2014, 04:33 PM
RUS213
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some photos to support my words, but I cannot understand how to insert them here, since I am using I-pad, tried several times to "copy" them, but failed all the time.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 PM
sebis
Racer

I have some photos to support my words, but I cannot understand how to insert them here, since I am using I-pad, tried several times to "copy" them, but failed all the time.
Must use a PC to upload photos.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:36 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by sebis
Must use a PC to upload photos.
If you use the iPad rennlist app it is a breeze. Just click the advanced button when posting and you can select images from your ipad library. I do it all the time :-)

Iva attached a MW image I like using this method.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

And the files might be too large. Email the pics to yourself and choose "medium", which should compress it to 100-200K. Then use the pic on the email to upload. That's probably not the slickest way to do it, but as a Luddite, that's what I do.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
RUS213
AutoX

Regarding the back side of the steering wheel (when it is black plastic and when it is nicely covered) as seen from the attached pics of 991/981: it does not matter if you order "Steering Column in Leather" or not. The main thing is: if you order Carbon or Wood steering wheel - in this case you will get the back side of your steering wheel nicely covered by leather in interior color - no relation with steering column.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!