Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   GT4/Spyder (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder-235/)
-   -   Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You! (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder/708509-custom-ordering-a-981-porsche-exclusive-and-you.html)

JSF101 02-11-2014 05:56 PM

^ that carbon steering wheel looks really nice

especially like the carbon trim with the red interior, sets it off nicely

but I think I'd need a black upper dash and black carpeting

Z356 02-18-2014 02:13 AM

'tangerine/Blutorange' rejected by Porsche for PTS

2 Attachment(s)
Some sad news to report. I was over at the Rennteam website and came upon this news on a post from DaveC in Florida:

'I requested a feability check for Blutorange/Tangerine (018) back in June 13 and it was turned down last month. Evidently the color, even an old Porsche color, must be tested on all the potential painted surfaces for several months determining fade and wear durability.'

Back in early May of 2013, I assisted DaveC in locating an old PTS color chip of 'Blutorange/Tangerine 018' through my contacts at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany (see attached below). The color apparently failed the fade test, although Dave is speculating that perhaps PAG is keeping it reserved as a future 'Limited Edition' color for a special model (e.g. 991 RS). Regardless, the color has been rejected for PTS. Below I have also attached the last PCNA list of approved PTS colors that I know of.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

hankhoh 02-28-2014 09:41 AM

Gulf Orange

Here' some pictures of a rare (to me) Gulf Orange Porsche 981!

budrichard 02-28-2014 09:54 AM

Can't see any pics on an iPad!-Richard

hankhoh 03-01-2014 06:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Trying again - it seems my attachments were rejected as they were too large! I have reduced size of the pictures drastically..hope it works this time!

hankhoh 03-01-2014 06:46 AM

Let's try this for a bigger size:

http://thumbsnap.com/i/r6tzzLH1.jpg?0301

http://thumbsnap.com/i/zJ4gCiQT.jpg?0301

Zeus993 03-01-2014 10:17 AM

Nice...

JSF101 03-01-2014 03:13 PM

yes, very nice
looks pretty close to Pastell Orange

Z356 03-01-2014 06:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JSF101 (Post 11177292)
...looks pretty close to Pastell Orange

Steve: If you look at them next to each other, I think 'Pastell' is lighter & brighter and 'Gulf' appears to be deeper & darker! Camera lenses & filters can fool the eye in any photo, but that is my own visual sense re: these two currently available PTS colors.

Saludos,
Eduardo

JSF101 03-01-2014 08:23 PM

^

Eduardo,
I know which you prefer!;)

I'm still holding out for PTS Cayman in Birch Green for my wife, if Porsche will ever get off the dime and make it available.

cheers,
Steve

Z356 03-01-2014 08:39 PM

PTS in Viper Green, Voodoo Blue, Gulf Orange, Fashion Grey, Aetna & Mexico Blue'!

9 Attachment(s)
By the way, I have to congratulate Porsche Center Glasgow (known as OPC Glasgow/Scotland) for their creative builds.

http://www.porschehost.com/home.asp?opc=15

The 'Gulf Orange' Boxster S in hankhoh's post was a car ordered by OPC Glasgow, as well as the following Porsches: 'Viper Green' (shade & sunlight), 'Voodoo Blue', 'Gulf Orange', 'Aetna Blue', 'Fashion Grey' & 'Mexico Blue' 981 Boxsters! These photos were posted recently at Pistonheads Forum in Britain. I have yet to see here in the US any current Porsche 981 model that has been ordered in these terrific colors, other than 'Mexico Blue'! I wish Porsche dealers in the US would get the 'creative' fever and start ordering Porsches in these daring PTS colors!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS At least one 991 has been ordered in 'Aetna/Etna Blue' - custom ordered by a Rennlister & currently owned by another Rennlister!

Z356 03-01-2014 09:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JSF101 (Post 11177901)
^

Eduardo,
I know which you prefer!;)

I'm still holding out for PTS Cayman in Birch Green for my wife, if Porsche will ever get off the dime and make it available.

cheers,
Steve

As you know, the reason that Caymans can't be ordered in Paint-to-Sample is that all of them are currently produced at the Volkswagen-owned Karmann facility at Osnabrück. We don't yet know when they'll have the capacity to offer PTS at that plant. Although some Boxsters are built at Osnabrück, they are also produced at Zuffenhausen. All PTS Boxsters will naturally be manufactured at the latter. Thus, if you are particular as to the provenance of your Boxster and will like it to be built at Zuffenhausen (for its heritage & prestige), I suggest you considered PTS and/or a heavy dose of 'Porsche Exclusive' options. That will surely guarantee that your Boxster will be built at Zuffenhausen...not Osnabrück!

Steve, I am frankly not crazy about either current PTS 'Orange', although 'Gulf Orange' is a historic 911 color that will resonate with many enthusiasts. I am with you on the attractiveness of 'Lichtgrün/'Birch Green'. Interestingly, the photo of the 'Lichtgrün/'Birch Green' cab (photo #1) I took in Zuffenhausen last April appeared on the Pistonhead thread where the PTS Boxsters above were featured. And some enterprising guy thought the color contrast on my photo was 'off' and corrected it in his post (photo 2 & 3). I have no idea how he did that (photoshop?)...but it's rather interesting. It may better represent 'Lichtgrün/'Birch Green' as seen by the actual human eye...rather than a camera!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Por 253 is 'Lichtgrün/'Birch Green'. The color code for it is '253'. I don't know what color is #137.

Marine Blue 03-01-2014 11:17 PM

Is that toxic green! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Different and I guess someone might enjoy it.

Z356 03-02-2014 01:07 AM

Lichtgrün

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Marine Blue (Post 11178260)
Is that toxic green! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Different and I guess someone might enjoy it.

Well, it's 'green'. Whether it's 'Toxic', or not, is left to the eye of the beholder!

Attached (photo #1 & #2) is the official 'Lichtgrün/'Birch Green' color sample (front & back) from the wall at the 'Porsche Exclusive' office at Zuffenhausen, right next to the European Delivery area! Notice that it's marked 'Light Green' in English, although they admitted to me that it really should be called 'Birch Green', which is the historic old-timers 911 English name for this color. At least one Rennlister, JUPJAY from Canada, is ordering his MY2015 991 Targa in this exquisite color! He recently sent me these two shots (photo #3 & #4) of a PTS .2 997 cabrio custom ordered in 'Lichtgrün' in Europe several years ago. It has now become his new Rennlist avatar!

According to some, 'Lichtgrün' is not to be confused with a similar hue 'Acid Green' also used by Porsche. The latter is reserved for the calipers of each & every 918 Spyder (photo #5) that will be produced. To me 'Acid Green' looks very close to 'Lichtgrün'...if not identical. According to Melissa Witek (Porsche Exclusive/NY), whom I talked to at the 918 test drive at The Thermal (CA) last November, at least one US customer has custom ordered his 918 Spyder in PTS 'Acid Green'! Personally, I think this PTS 918 will be one of the most attractive & desirable Spyders to own!

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...st-2013-a.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

zirrah 03-02-2014 05:11 PM

Big ups to Glasgow Porsche... stunning colors. :)