Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 01-13-2015, 10:05 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

looks awesome...congrats on a very unique "exclusive" Porsche
Old 01-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF101
looks awesome...congrats on a very unique "exclusive" Porsche
Thanks... and a speed yellow Spyder is very unique indeed as well. So congrats back
Old 03-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Latest PTS List from PCNA dated Jan 21, 2015

Here is apparently the latest PTS list from PCNA. It was provided to us by Rennlister 'Green Lantern', whom we thank for posting it at the gt3 forum.
I'll review it later and make comments on exciting new colors, etc.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche PTS - 20150121.pdf (121.2 KB, 532 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

and what "other news" do you have regarding PTS? availability, type of vehicles, cost?

Originally Posted by Z356
Here is apparently the latest PTS list from PCNA.

I'll review it later and make comments on exciting new colors, etc.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-19-2015, 02:35 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JSF101
and what "other news" do you have regarding PTS? availability, type of vehicles, cost?
I am presently working on a story for a future posting here at Rennlist that will make the heads explode of the folks that were denied PTS in their MY2015 gt3 allocations and had to settled for regular colors on their $135K/165K purchase!

And 'SmokinGTS', who has excellent sources, is reporting today that a Porsche rep told him that PAG is setting up some sort of PTS facility in place to speed up the process and accommodate more PTS requests. If true, that is a step in the right direction.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...rs-spec-2.html

But no sign yet that PTS will be allowed on the gt4...which I know is of real interest to you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-25-2015, 06:43 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo, thank you for posting that. I am on the list for a GT4, but it is yet to be seen if there is an allocation for me. I'm afraid that by the time they approve PTS, I wont have enough time to get a feasibility study completed for the color I want to have. Is there a way to get them to begin that process now?

I went though this process with both Audi and BMW and it took a long time to get approval for a particular color (that I ended up not using).
Old 03-27-2015, 03:58 PM
thomapa1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered a Cayman GTS with PTS, Mexico blue
Will be a MY2016:
- build start = end of June
- build finish = end July
- At dealer = end August

not much wait at all, must have hit the timing just right.

Question = any thoughts on the deviated stitching color? I am going with the GTS interior package, silver stitching.
Would I have an opportunity with select a different color? if so, would it be an added cost as I am already paying for the GTS interior package?
Not sure if I'd want to go so bold as Mexico Blue stitching (if even available) or a white/cream color...

thoughts or other comments regarding what I should investigate.

MY2016 Cayman GTS
PTS - Mexico Blue
Platinum wheels
Manual
X73 Sport Suspension
PTV
GTS Interior Pkg, Rhodium Silver stitching
GTS Exterior Pkg
Leather Sport Steering Wheel
Convenience Pkg
Autodim mirrors

thanks

Last edited by thomapa1; 03-27-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

The most recent Porsche PTS list has been posted elsewhere on Rennlist this morning. It is dated 2/25/2015 and it supersedes the older one dated 1/21/2015. So here it is below:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images
Old 03-29-2015, 11:19 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thomapa1
Just ordered a Cayman GTS with PTS, Mexico blue
Will be a MY2016:
- build start = end of June
- build finish = end July
- At dealer = end August

not much wait at all, must have hit the timing just right.

Question = any thoughts on the deviated stitching color? I am going with the GTS interior package, silver stitching.
Would I have an opportunity with select a different color? if so, would it be an added cost as I am already paying for the GTS interior package?
Not sure if I'd want to go so bold as Mexico Blue stitching (if even available) or a white/cream color...

thoughts or other comments regarding what I should investigate.

MY2016 Cayman GTS
PTS - Mexico Blue
Platinum wheels
Manual
X73 Sport Suspension
PTV
GTS Interior Pkg, Rhodium Silver stitching
GTS Exterior Pkg
Leather Sport Steering Wheel
Convenience Pkg
Autodim mirrors

thanks
There is no Mexico Blue matching stiching available. At least one other 981 Mexico blue opted for the available blue stitching. somewhere a picture was posted.
I did not opt for the non matching stitching.
In my opinion it either matches or it doesn't.
My visual design sense tells me that more than two colors is too much, for me it was black and Mexico blue.-Richard
Old 03-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default re: Face Lift .2 991 and .2 981...

I want to report to Rennlist on this topic which I know is of interest to many of you. I had face-to-face conversations with knowledgeable sources last week which point out to the following scenario with regards the introduction of the .2 991 facelift models:

There will be a MY2016 991 that will continue to be built as a .1 pre face lift model. The MY2016 will start to be assembled in Zuffenhausen in June of 2015 (similar to the month in which MY2015 commenced to be built in June of 2014). These models will include MY2016 base Carrera, Carrera S, 991 GTS, 991 Targa, 911 Turbo, 911 Turbo S and the new 991 gt3 RS. The only current 991 model not expected to be produced in MY2016 is the 991 gt3. The changes/updates to the MY2016 991s will be minimal. They will all apparently get the new 918/Macan style steering wheel option with the center ring framed by a chrome circle!

The .2 991 face lift models will be introduced at the Biennial (every two years) Frankfurt Auto Show (IAA) in September of 2015. Although the public showing starts on Sept 19th, press days will start on Sept. 15th! Put that date on your calendars and watch the special webcast by PAG of the .2 991 world debut which will be expected on that day!

In addition, the .2 991 face lift models will debut in the US most likely at the Rennsport V scheduled for Laguna Seca in Monterey September 25-27, 2015!

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=885

Subsequently, the .2 face lifted 991 will start production at Zuffenhausen sometime later. Some expect it as early as November of 2015 for the European market (just as the first MY2012 .1 991s were introduced in Europe in the Fall of 2011). Others are saying late winter/early Spring of calendar year 2016, which is the most likely scenario of first arrivals in US market. What we know is that all these .2 991s facelift models will be arriving in the US as early MY2017 models!

I have not yet confirmed if the 911 Turbo, Turbo S will be face lifted in this same scheduled...or will be allowed to remain in .1 chassis configuration for a little while longer. These 911 Turbo models were introduced late in the .1 model cycle and technically are not yet due for a face lift re-do. But we don't yet know what PAG is planning to do. Same applies to for the 981 models - Boxsters and Caymans. The Boxster 981 was introduced later than the 991 and the Cayman 981 came almost two years later! We don't yet know if these 981 models will get an early or late facelift.

That's all I know at the moment....

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 04-14-2015, 03:32 PM
mopgcw
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather to Sample

Here is the leather-to-sample "LTS" list i received...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Leather to sample 8.10.2014.pdf (93.0 KB, 702 views)
Old 04-15-2015, 01:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mopgcw
Here is the leather-to-sample "LTS" list i received...
Thank you very much for this information, mopgcw! First time I have ever seen this list!

1) Is it your understanding that all these leathers are approved already?
2) Are there some under feasibility study...because I don't see any?
3) Nice to know there are at least 6 offerings of the higher grade 'natural' leathers, including 'Black'!
4) Seems to be in a format similar, but not totally same, as PTS list supplied by PCNA to its dealers. Is that where it came from?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-15-2015, 05:26 PM
mopgcw
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Eduardo,

it would be my understanding that these are all approved. I cant speak to all of them, but the ones I was interested in did not require a feasibility and were approved -- essentially all the browns. It did come from a dealer.

best,
George
Old 05-04-2015, 11:38 PM
jimsinair
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint To Sample

I just purchase my first Porsche this month and I am new to the forum. I was hoping someone could help me with a question about my car. My car is a 2013 Boxster S that was a PTS optioned car. I originally thought the color was the same orange color like the 2007 GT3 RS, and the 2008 Limited Edition Boxster, which has a 8C6 paint code. After some research I found out the paint code for my car is LZ17 or Z17 which is Pastell Orange. I have contacted paint dealers, Porsche dealers, PCNA and have not had any luck with finding touch up paint or any information about which manufacturer made this paint or what the formula is for this Pastell Orange color. Does anyone have any idea or suggestion as to where I can find some information about Pastell Orange paint? Thank you for your help.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jimsinair
I just purchase my first Porsche this month and I am new to the forum. I was hoping someone could help me with a question about my car. My car is a 2013 Boxster S that was a PTS optioned car. I originally thought the color was the same orange color like the 2007 GT3 RS, and the 2008 Limited Edition Boxster, which has a 8C6 paint code. After some research I found out the paint code for my car is LZ17 or Z17 which is Pastell Orange. I have contacted paint dealers, Porsche dealers, PCNA and have not had any luck with finding touch up paint or any information about which manufacturer made this paint or what the formula is for this Pastell Orange color. Does anyone have any idea or suggestion as to where I can find some information about Pastell Orange paint? Thank you for your help.
Jim:

You are correct that your orange paint is no longer 'RS Orange' or 8C6.

For apparently warranty issues, Porsche discontinued allowing 'RS Orange' as a PTS after MY2010. Starting in MY2011, anyone interested in an orange color was recommended they consider 'Pastel Orange', color code Z17. It was 'brighter' than 'RS Orange' but still a very nice color:

Within the last 1 1/2 years or less, 'Gulf Orange' was added to the PTS approved list as the only other 'orange' color available (albeit a darker shade). And recently 'Lava Orange' was introduced, which will become a 'special color' on MY2016 991s and perhaps some 981s. 'Lava Orange' is closer to the hue of the historic/vintage 'Tangerine/Blutorange' of the early 911 period, so not a true 'orange' in the pure sense of that color as most would consider it.

But 'Pastel Orange' is still the brightest (& perhaps purest) 'orange' color offered by the factory at the present time. Below is a photo of a PTS MY2014 991S specced in 'Pastel Orange' by Porsche of Beachwood in Ohio:

and Beachwood also recently received & delivered a MY2015 gt3 in this color for a client!

I would think you should be able to get 'Pastel Orange/Z17' touch-up paint via your US Porsche dealer directly from Porsche in Germany. If they don't seem to want to help, contact PCNA directly! I would also reach out to 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US to see if they could help you.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!