Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

How many Spyders in the SF Bay Area?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Spyder has the lockdown on the Central Valley.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Joe -

Memorial Day Weekend is not going to work for me but the weekend before would work. How about Sunday the 20th? I am certainly willing to host the BBQ at my home here in Pleasanton. I am right across the street from a small park that has plenty of parking. It may be pretty good central location. There is also a pretty good route that we could map out from here.

Here is the updated running tally.

Known owners (10)
Bensf (SF)– Blue/tan
Orthojoe (Walnut Creek) – White/black/red inserts
redyps (Pleasanton) – White/black
mile2424 (Peninsula) – White/tan
z356 (Carmel) –Blue/Red
TheKane (North Bay) – White/black
PCW (Sacramento) - White/black
Dave I (Foster City) - White/black
Zellamsee (Marin) – Silver/black
Stevesc (Santa Cruz) - White/Black
Unknown owners (4)
White one/red brakes (Walnut Creek)
Red (Union Square)
White (Penninsula)
White/red/white wheels (Capitola)
Total 14
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I might be able to do the 20th, depending on when my wife leaves for her "mom's night out" with her friends that day.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Plavan -

I know it is a long drive but if you are up for it, it could be a lot of fun. Let us know.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

Sounds fun to me!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 20th works for me as well.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:29 PM
balakris
Instructor

Jealous...I think there is a total of one Spyder owner in the Raleigh-Durham area including me.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
caronsd
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure, but I may be the White/Red car in the Capitola area - however I have stock silver wheels, not white ones. Live in rural North Monterey County (south of Watsonville and north of Moss Landing). I also drive up to work occasionally in S. San Francisco, so can also be seen every now and then during commute hours on the Peninsula.

A gathering would be great - Memorial Day is out for me, but the week before would be great. Anywhere in the Bay Area is fine - the drive there is part of the fun!

Also, I thought Eduardo (z356) was considering putting something together on the ALMS weekend down in the Carmel area.....?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by caronsd
Also, I thought Eduardo (z356) was considering putting something together on the ALMS weekend down in the Carmel area.....?
That is correct. I will be hosting a small get-together for any Rennlist Spyder owner that is coming to Laguna Seca for the American LeMans Race May 10th - May 12th!

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/american...esented-patron

Suggest those planning to come get a two day ticket and Porsche Corral pass:
PORSCHE CORRAL w/ 2-DAY GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET - Limited Must be a Porsche to park in Corral. $90
Contact Laguna Seca ticket office for more details!

We could have my reunion at my home on either Thursday or Friday night, depending when most of you are arriving in the Monterey/Carmel area. So far I know Plavan and Zellamsee have shown an interest. Perhaps Caronsd & Mile2424 might be in the area on those dates. Believe Ian, Ben & Joe might be at Sears Point that weekend. I don't know if The Kane, PCW, Dave I, Stevesc or redyps will be coming down for ALMS. Any of you Spyder owners that can make it, please PM me with your date of arrival and preference for a Thursday or Friday early evening date. That way we can decide what is the best date & hour for the cocktail party here at my home. A very informal wine & cheese affair. Bring your wife/gf if they are coming along!

I will also host another small get-together during the week of the Historics in mid-August at my Carmel home. I am hoping Steve Colletti (Cayman R owner from LA) will attend that event, plus Ian (Schmidts Cat), Bensf, OrthoJoe, redyps and other Spyder owners from NorCal!

http://www.seemonterey.com/concours

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 04-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:37 PM
01C4
Intermediate

Oh...would have loved to have joined you guys. Maybe another time a trip to California will be in the cards!

Dean W.
2011 Spyder ( platinum silver )
BC Canada
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Z356
That is correct. I will be hosting a small get-together for any Rennlist Spyder owner that is coming to Laguna Seca for the American LeMans Race May 10th - May 12th!

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/american...esented-patron

Suggest those planning to come get a two day ticket and Porsche Corral pass:
PORSCHE CORRAL w/ 2-DAY GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET - Limited Must be a Porsche to park in Corral. $90
Contact Laguna Seca ticket office for more details!

We could have my reunion at my home on either Thursday or Friday night, depending when most of you are arriving in the Monterey/Carmel area. So far I know Plavan and Zellamsee have shown an interest. Perhaps Caronsd & Mile2424 might be in the area on those dates. Believe Ian, Ben & Joe might be at Sears Point that weekend. I don't know if The Kane, PCW, Dave I, Stevesc or redyps will be coming down for ALMS. Any of you Spyder owners that can make it, please PM me with your date of arrival and preference for a Thursday or Friday early evening date. That way we can decide what is the best date & hour for the cocktail party here at my home. A very informal wine & cheese affair. Bring your wife/gf if they are coming along!

I will also host another small get-together during the week of the Historics in mid-August at my Carmel home. I am hoping Steve Colletti (Cayman R owner from LA) will attend that event, plus Ian (Schmidts Cat), Bensf, OrthoJoe, redyps and other Spyder owners from NorCal!

http://www.seemonterey.com/concours

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Yes, Eduardo and I talked while meeting everyone at Sharkwerks a week ago. I cannot make it to the 12th (in the Bahamas bonefishing). But I am still willing to do it on the 20th if everyone still wants to.

I would suggest getting to Pleasanton by 11:00. We can have a meet and greet, take pictures and talk cars for an hour. Lunch from 12 -1 PM. Then a 1.5 hr drive in the twisties. For those heading back to Santa Cruz and Monterey you can jump off on the southern leg of the cruise. Peninsula folks can jump off on the West leg and North bounders can stay on the hwy heading north and not return to P-town.

BBQ will be pretty simple, burgers, hotdogs, chips, water, juice, sodas. If anyone is vegan let me know.

Please let me know if everyone still wants to do this and rsvp so I can plan the food accordingly.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:25 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Here is the updated running tally.

Known owners (11)
Bensf (SF)– Blue/tan
Orthojoe (Walnut Creek) – White/black/red inserts
redyps (Pleasanton) – White/black
mile2424 (Peninsula) – White/tan
z356 (Carmel) –Blue/Red
TheKane (North Bay) – White/black
PCW (Sacramento) - White/black
Dave I (Foster City) - White/black
Zellamsee (Marin) – Silver/black
Stevesc (Santa Cruz) - White/Black
carsonsd White/red (Capitola)
Unknown owners (3)
White one/red brakes (Walnut Creek)
Red (Union Square)
White (Penninsula)
Total 14
Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

If this all comes together someone better take some good pictures!

I have to admit I'm jealous and I wish I could be there for this, especially the drive through the twisty's with a row of Spyders.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 PM
TheKane
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 26 Posts

Hello fellow Spider owners. I am available May 20th. I'm not available Labor Day I'm in Puerto Vallarta getting married, and I'm not available May 11/12 I'm at Sears Point (Infineon) for two days with TMR.

For your list, and others who own spiders, I'm in Marin, more specifically Stinson Beach. I've been driving and riding motorcycles on Marin and Sonoma Country roads all my life. I'm happy to meet anywhere for the Spyder Meet-Up, but I'm also happy to give tours of my hometown backroads on the coast.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:10 AM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by TheKane
Hello fellow Spider owners. I am available May 20th. I'm not available Labor Day I'm in Puerto Vallarta getting married, and I'm not available May 11/12 I'm at Sears Point (Infineon) for two days with TMR.

For your list, and others who own spiders, I'm in Marin, more specifically Stinson Beach. I've been driving and riding motorcycles on Marin and Sonoma Country roads all my life. I'm happy to meet anywhere for the Spyder Meet-Up, but I'm also happy to give tours of my hometown backroads on the coast.
Congratulations on the pending nuptials! I will see you on the 11th and 12th for the TMR event.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many Spyders in the SF Bay Area?