Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Little Pictorial Taste of ALMS at Laguna Seca today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default A Little Pictorial Taste of ALMS at Laguna Seca today!

I just returned from Laguna Seca for the first day (Qualifying) of American Le Mans at Laguna Seca. This will be the racing debut in America for the 911 R Hybrid, driven by Porsche factory drivers Romain Dumas and Richard Lietz. Flying Lizard's Patrick Long and Jörg Bergmeister were there with their RSR #45 car, trying to change their string of recent bad luck with a win at this race. These two talented drivers were at a special reception/dinner at our local Porsche of Monterey on Wednesday and we had a nice social with them. You can read more about this here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...seca-alms.html

PCNA and PCA had a tent & corral area called 'PorschePlatz', which will be pretty busy tomorrow during the actual 6 hour race. No Spyders showed up (due to the dust, I am sure) but we had several nice Caymans and Boxsters.

Finally, I was able to capture two PCNA's factory Cayman R's parked next to the track as a similar hue gt3 race car went by. This is as 'artistic' as I can get with a camera. Saludos, z356
Attached Images      
Old 09-17-2011, 12:58 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks! However, I like the pictures of your spiderman spyder even more! Keep them coming! :-)
Old 09-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Thanks! However, I like the pictures of your spiderman spyder even more! Keep them coming! :-)
I'll get back to the 'tale' pretty soon. By the way, the attached photo is a preview of cars in the 'Heritage Series' which will added to ALMS next year. Can you say CAN-AM...or hear 'Tubular Bells'!

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|16255

Saludos, z356
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Saturday's Six Hour race. Patrick Long and Jorg Bergmeister of Flying Lizard (#45 car) managed to pull a victory in the final lap in their GT category. Fantastic day at Laguna Seca and a good showing for Porsche (finally!) this year! z356
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: A Little Pictorial Taste of ALMS at Laguna Seca today!