Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

My Aqua Blue Metallic/Carrera Red '12 Spyder - Tale of a custom order!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Eduardo it looks like you ticked off every leather option available. Very nice looking and the additional Alcantara and deviating black carpet really helps to break up the red.

So what are your driving impressions compared to the Green Monster and other Porsche's you've owned?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:34 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Spider-man's hot rod - definitely unique.

Or should I say "Spyder"-man's?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Eduardo it looks like you ticked off every leather option available. Very nice looking and the additional Alcantara and deviating black carpet really helps to break up the red.

So what are your driving impressions compared to the Green Monster and other Porsche's you've owned?
Well, believe it or not, only a few of the leather extras were ticked off. I passed on many. More on that later. Here are some additional photos. z356
Attached Images      
Old 09-13-2011, 03:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

as i said earlier, eduardo, bravo!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM
66mustang
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

How many cows died for your car?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

Oh boy. I considered all of those leather options so I'm all too familiar with what they cost. I especially wish that I'd gone with leather sunvisors myself.

Looks awesome. Congrats again
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

There are a few options I now wish I had checked off, they include Alcantara for the doors, the leather center console lid with Porsche crest (fortunately/unfortunately very easy to install/but expensive to add on after the fact) and short shifter. I like the leather sun visor and it really does give it the upgraded look in a very visible area but I do worry about the leather shrinking. Alcantara sun visors would have been really nice!

Either way, Eduardo's Spyder is very unique and beautiful. I'm glad many of us were able to order such unique cars and choose to option them the way we wanted.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by shustermeister
Spider-man's hot rod - definitely unique.

Or should I say "Spyder"-man's?
My guy is not amused at you making fun of his car!

Originally Posted by 66mustang
How many cows died for your car?
Not as many as you think. It's at least a renewable resource. Unfortunately, we can't say that for the many cute Dinosours that gave it all up years ago, only to have their oily remains pumped up now in order to make all the acres of vinyl that covers your Mustang!

Photos of the Carmel garage coming up next! Then we continue the 'Tale'.

Saludos, z356
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing, Eduardo.

With the car open, when all that red and blue are visible, it works so much better than I expected. I should never have doubted you (if I'd seen your home first, I never would have).

Congratulations!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
66mustang
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

Not as many as you think. It's at least a renewable resource. Unfortunately, we can't say that for the many cute Dinosours that gave it all up years ago, only to have their oily remains pumped up now in order to make all the acres of vinyl that covers your Mustang!

Saludos, z356

Touche
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Very "French" - beautiful.
Very American. As American as Pepsi and Spiderman.

Congrats on the new cars. Very nice. I should have gotten the crest in the armrest and leather trunk switch surround. Very exotic looking. Is the A pillar in leather too? Any planned mods?

Clinton
Old 09-13-2011, 09:44 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

an interesting side note on the leather center console lid. I wanted to get a lid with just the words "Spyder" on it. So, I asked the exclusive guys at Parade if they could do it. For about 15,000 euro I could get a custom, one-of-a-kind, leather center console lid with the words "Spyder" embossed on it. Apparently they have to make a mold to do the embossing so something as exclusive as this comes at a price, very steep!

the leather center console lid with Porsche crest (fortunately/unfortunately very easy to install/but expensive to add on after the fact)

Last edited by JSF101; 09-13-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
My guy is not amused at you making fun of his car!
Well played, sir!

So maybe Marvel Comics will contact you for the next Spidey movie to borrow the Spyder?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I like the leather sun visor and it really does give it the upgraded look in a very visible area but I do worry about the leather shrinking. Alcantara sun visors would have been really nice!
I'll have something to say about some of this soon (e.g. Alcantara).

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
I should never have doubted you (if I'd seen your home first, I never would have).Congratulations!
Thanks, Steve!

Originally Posted by mooty
as i said earlier, eduardo, bravo!
Thanks, Mooty!

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
Is the A pillar in leather too? Any planned mods?
Clinton
I did not get A pillars done in leather. That is why it's 'black'. Perhaps I should have to complete the look in 'Carrera Red' leather. But it was nearly $1000 just for this singular option. Will talk more about this soon. No, no mods for the time being.

Originally Posted by JSF101
an interesting side note on the leather center console lid. I wanted to get a lid with just the words "Spyder" on it. So, I asked the exclusive guys at Parade if they could do it. For about 15,000 euro I could get a custom, one-of-a-kind, leather center console lid with the words "Spyder" embossed on it. Apparently they have to make a mold to do the embossing so something as exclusive as this comes at a price, very steep!
15,000 Euros! Yikes! I'll take the leather lid with the stitching as I ordered. I'll explain its cost soon.

Re: Garage in Carmel
Attached are some photos of the car in the garage for those that asked about it. Carmel has the smallest garages in the country...because most of our homes & lots are so dimunitive. Because of the tandem nature of this garage, I decided to use it to display my collection of vintage rally plates from the 'golden era' of that sport in Europe - 50's & 60's Rally Monte Carlo, Coupe des Alps, Tour de France, Liege Rome Liege, etc. It has taken me about 20 years to put together this rally plates collection.

By design, I had one side of the garage open up with windows and french doors to our interior garden courtyard. This limited wall space for displays, but it allowed me to integrate the garage space visually to the living area of our home. The last attached photo was taken tonight from my master bedroom - what guy has not wanted to have a view of his cars from that location! That is what I wake up to every day.

The other car in my Carmel garage is a 1973 'Signal Yellow' 911T Sunroof Coupe. It has 65K original miles, original interior and mostly original paint. My other early 911 - a rare 'Crystal Blue' 1970 E Targa - resides at my other home in Colorado. That is where the bulk of my memorabilia collection on display. You can take a peek a that via the link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...ml#post6706496

I will start talking about the rest of the tale of this special custom Spyder order tomorrow.

Saludos, z356
Attached Images      
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 AM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,595 Likes on 878 Posts

I WANT YOUR HOUSE!
Once again, looks amazing!

Last edited by n4v4nod; 09-14-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Jet lagged typing skills!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Aqua Blue Metallic/Carrera Red '12 Spyder - Tale of a custom order!