Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Where are the last MY2012 Spyders going to the US?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF101
Eduardo,

did you ever hear from Donavan? does he plan to keep dspyda.com going?
get another Spyder at some point in the future?

sure hope he rejoins us, he was a great Spyder advocate!
cheers,
Steve
No heard from Donavan, Steve, but I hope he continues supporting the website!

Originally Posted by 86 3point2
As for the famed Riviera Blue Spyder, it has left Texas, spent a short time in Indiana, and will be on its way to the Keystone State an a few weeks for hopefully and long, long time.
Congratulations on the acquisition of this unique Spyder, 86 3point2! Please post new photos when you get it home.

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
Who d'it go to in VA? I'm going to seriously stalk this car
I believe the Keystone State is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, not Virginia. I spent four years there at U of Penn in Philadelphia in my 'youth', so I am somewhat familiar what that lovely area of the country!

Saludos, Eduardo
Carmel
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Look where photos of the PTS Riviera Blue '12 Spyder showed up?

I was reading tonight a thread on the RL gt3 forum re: a PTS 'Pastell Orange' 4.0 RS for sale. It turns out that the new owner is Graham Rahal, which is fine & good. Graham, besides being a damn good racer, has been a fan of sport cars with vivid colors for a long time! I remember reading a few years ago about a 'Glut Orange' Audi RS4 he once owned. Then Zellamsee posted that Graham also had a 997.1 'RS Green' gt3 RS. So I went into the internet to see if I could find it. I found it all right...alongside photos of our elusive PTS Riviera Blue '12 Spyder! As you all may remember, Donavan sold it to someone in Austin, Texas. Graham's 'RS Green' gt3 RS is registered in Texas but the photo album doesn't reveal if the Riviera Blue '12 Spyder was ever his. Apparently Graham lives in Indianapolis, so I bet he is the second owner mentioned by 86 3point2 in his post. I'll pose the question to Graham on that other forum and perhaps 86 3point2 can fill us on the real story here since his new '12 PTS Riviera Blue Spyder left Donavan in Oregon.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11498...737?banner=pwa

Saludos,
Eduardo, Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 02-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eduardo, Funny, I got an email from a friend 2 days ago, about someone local selling a PTS orange 4.0 (the only one) and wanted to know if I was interested.. Here's the email, (I edited the phone for privacy)

Hi everyone:

Spending time in Europe this summer, so I am selling my custom ordered GT3 RS 4.0! Took delivery of it in early December and it has 501 miles on the odometer. Perfect shape and ready for a new owner to enjoy on the street or track!

Number 304 of 600

Specs are:

PTS orange Z17 (only one in this color)
Black wheels
Painted nipples
Full leather
Alcantara rear console
Alcantara sun visors
Aluminum foot rest
Front lift
Cupholders
Aux in
Bluetooth

MSRP $ 202,640.00

If you are interested or know of someone who is, please call me on my cell to discuss pricing 925 XXX XXX

Best,

Jochen

EDIT: I just realized, I know this guy!

EDIT/EDIT: Just saw his posts on the GT3 forum... Been a busy couple days!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
86 3point2
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Hola Eduardo - The 6 month history of the Riviera Blue Spyder is:
Sold new in CA to customer in OR.
OR to TX
TX to IN
IN to PA. I am the 4th owner.

Originally Posted by Z356
I was reading tonight a thread on the RL gt3 forum re: a PTS 'Pastell Orange' 4.0 RS for sale. It turns out that the new owner is Graham Rahal, which is fine & good. Graham, besides being a damn good racer, has been a fan of sport cars with vivid colors for a long time! I remember reading a few years ago about a 'Glut Orange' Audi RS4 he once owned. Then Zellamsee posted that Graham also had a 997.1 'RS Green' gt3 RS. So I went into the internet to see if I could find it. I found it all right...alongside photos of our elusive PTS Riviera Blue '12 Spyder! As you all may remember, Donavan sold it to someone in Austin, Texas. Graham's 'RS Green' gt3 RS is registered in Texas but the photo album doesn't reveal if the Riviera Blue '12 Spyder was ever his. Apparently Graham lives in Indianapolis, so I bet he is the second owner mentioned by 86 3point2 in his post. I'll pose the question to Graham on that other forum and perhaps 86 3point2 can fill us on the real story here since his new '12 PTS Riviera Blue Spyder left Donavan in Oregon.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11498...737?banner=pwa

Saludos,
Eduardo, Carmel
Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

OR to TX
TX to IN
Wow, I can't believe it has changed hands that many times already. It's clear that the car is going to be a collectors item.

So are you going to drive it?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

OR to TX
TX to IN
Wow. Perhaps the only Spyder with more miles on a trailer than on the odometer!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OR to TX
TX to IN

Yeah, but wholesalers don't count. Only counts when the car is registered. You are the second. Looks like it was from Walter's Porsche in CA, to Donavan in OR, where he registered the car. Then it was sold to Elite Motorsports in TX. Then another wholesaler in IN (the guy whom you bought it from). You are not on Carfax yet.

Congrats on a very special car.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Best thing about the Spyder is that they are all special. All of us owners should feel pretty luck to have one of these beasts in the stable considering how few were made and how awesome they are!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
86 3point2
Instructor

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
Yeah, but wholesalers don't count. Only counts when the car is registered. You are the second. Looks like it was from Walter's Porsche in CA, to Donavan in OR, where he registered the car. Then it was sold to Elite Motorsports in TX. Then another wholesaler in IN (the guy whom you bought it from). You are not on Carfax yet.

Congrats on a very special car.
Thanks.

There was an actual owner in TX who is a Rennlister, I don't think he is a wholesaler but I suppose he could be. I did see the car listed for sale at a dealership but never called sinceI knew the car was physically in IN. It came to IN as part of a multiple car trade - that person was not interested in keeping the Spyder, that's how it came to my attention. I plan to pick it up and trailer it to PA Mar 2. Cant wait!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:59 PM
86 3point2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Best thing about the Spyder is that they are all special. All of us owners should feel pretty luck to have one of these beasts in the stable considering how few were made and how awesome they are!
Amen to that! Yes I plan to drive it, just not everyday. I think it would be really cool if Porsche decided not to reintroduce the Spyder in the new platform.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

OR to TX
TX to IN
Thanks, 86 3point2. Let us know your opinion of the Spyder once you put some miles on the 'Keystone State'.

Below is my exchange with DesmoRR (Graham Rahal) at the gt3 Rennlist forum:

Quote:
DesmoRR: The inquiry above from Zellamsee prompted me to see if I could find your 'RS Green' gt3 RS on the internet. I also remember you had recently sold a 'Glut Orange' Audi RS4, so you are no stranger to interesting PTS colors on German sport cars. Within a few seconds (thanks Google!) I found the 'RS Green' gt3 in your album. However, I was very much surprised to see alongside (on the track shots) the one & only PTS 'Riviera Blue' Spyder in these United States!

At the Rennlist 987 forum we have been trying to trace this particular PTS car since Donavan Harris of Oregon sold it a few months ago to a fellow from Austin, Texas. Was that fellow you? I heard that 'Riviera Blue' Spyder has now found a new owner in Pennsylvania. Let us also know what you thought of that Spyder! And congratulations on purchasing the beautiful 'Pastell Orange' 4.0"

Response Posted by DesmoRR:

"Yes absolutely I have had some cool German cars, and always weird colors.

I love my RS 3.6 but it has been traded in on this baby. It will be going to Byers Imports in Columbus, and if your interested let me know. It had a 157k window which was extremely high for those cars. Its a great one thats for sure.

As for the Boxster spyder, I absolutely loved it. The riviera blue was just awesome on it. I absolutely loved it. Honestly if I hadnt gotten this car, I probably wouldnt have sold it. I drove it just the other day, and found myself thinking how great it is, and how fun it would be in the summer. If I had ordered an RS 4.0 or any P-car in the future, Riviera will be on the top of my list. I love it!"

Saludos, Eduardo (Carmel)

Last edited by Z356; 02-16-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

The owner in Texas Vivek that had bought the car from Donovan also had Graham's gen 1 green RS. Graham had bought both back in a package deal. I got an email from him regarding the Riviera because I was also talking with Vivek about it. So yes, Graham had owned it momentarily...
Old 02-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JHoffman
Remember this earlier post on this thread? #5194 was on our list as one of the last '12 Spyders built & delivered to the US market. Well, this car sold but it's now just re-surfaced again for sale in Los Angeles. It is used with only 824 miles. Another prospect for someone interested in a late '12 Spyder.

Saludos, z356

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Old 02-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Remember this earlier post on this thread? #5194 was on our list as one of the last '12 Spyders built & delivered to the US market. Well, this car sold but it's now just re-surfaced again for sale in Los Angeles. It is used with only 824 miles. Another prospect for someone interested in a late '12 Spyder.

Saludos, z356

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
That's a nice looking color combo. I love the red deviating stitching, it's a good fit with the Silver body and red straps/belts of the Spyder.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

That red stitching is right on.

But if you're going to get those seats in lieu of the sport buckets, you might as well get them heated. Especially in a 'vert.

Quick Reply: Where are the last MY2012 Spyders going to the US?