Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Update: Spyder.....Finally Got It!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Periokid
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet ride!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

hmm i missed this thread..

congratulations!! very nice car,... drive it in good health..
Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Cannoli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Af - I heard a rumor from your old neighborhood that you pulled the trigger! I'm really happy for you (and the little woman). Several months ago I passed on an Arctic Silver w/Cocoa 987 Boxster RUF 3.8L Conversion ... I can't tell you how often I kick myself about that.

What's the plan for this car? Similar to your previous cars?

Again, congrats!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 AM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Thanks guys!

This car looks so much better in person than it does in pictures.

I spent some time playing with the buttons today and learning more about the car. It feels so good sitting in the Sport Buckets. My mom sat in them today and when she fell in she said "it's like the car draws you in and embraces you"

Still trying to figure out the following:

1. How does the ipod connect and can it be controlled through the radio?
2. How much effort is required to close the trunk? Seems like I'm going to dent it when I slam it but it doesn't close that easily otherwise. Any suggestions?

Here's a few more shots of the car, pictures don't do this color justice though.
OK. the Boxster Spyder is one of the best looking cars on the planet. And yours is gorgeous.

Go to Radio Shack and get the cords to connect to your Ipod. Then use the Aux function...-> sound. Really.

The seals are just tight. I push down on the emblems front and back until I hear the click. Job accomplished.

Shiny side up!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannoli
Af - I heard a rumor from your old neighborhood that you pulled the trigger! I'm really happy for you (and the little woman). Several months ago I passed on an Arctic Silver w/Cocoa 987 Boxster RUF 3.8L Conversion ... I can't tell you how often I kick myself about that.

What's the plan for this car? Similar to your previous cars?

Again, congrats!
Hey Norman, thanks! I only wish that I was still living in SoCal so I could take the Spyder on Mt Palomar and PCH. Can't think of a better place for this car!

My plans are to drive it and maintain it to my "standard" levels. Clear bra should be going on within the next couple of weeks to make sure the paint stays perfect.

Ruf 987 sounds like it could be a beast! What were the specs on the car?

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
OK. the Boxster Spyder is one of the best looking cars on the planet. And yours is gorgeous.

Go to Radio Shack and get the cords to connect to your Ipod. Then use the Aux function...-> sound. Really.

The seals are just tight. I push down on the emblems front and back until I hear the click. Job accomplished.

Shiny side up!
Thanks Phil!

I ended up going to Best Buy and found a flat Aux Cable which is thin enough to fit under the cover of the center console lid. For some reason I thought the CD30's had the Ipod controls built into the radio but apparently not. Doesn't really matter since it's just as easy to control from the Ipod and I already have a similar setup in my Speed3.

The rear hatch does require a significant amount of effort. I suspect it's because the top is still new and hasn't fully stretched. I did figure out the front, actually they explain it in the abbreviated instruction manual.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Afshin - Congratulations on the new Spyder! Funny to hear about the 'nesting' for the new baby. I went through the same thing and ended up with a complete garage remodel, so now I am ready! I received word from the dealer on Friday that mine should be here in a couple of weeks. To say the least I can't wait. All the best, Phil
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

[QUOTE=Marine Blue;8460134] Can't think of a better place for this car! [QUOTE]

Try Route 1A N.Hampton thru Rye NH.

You're on the right coast now baby!

BD
Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Afshin - Congratulations on the new Spyder! Funny to hear about the 'nesting' for the new baby. I went through the same thing and ended up with a complete garage remodel, so now I am ready! I received word from the dealer on Friday that mine should be here in a couple of weeks. To say the least I can't wait. All the best, Phil
Thank you!

Congrats to you to, waiting for the car to arrive can be brutal, especially with the nicer weather.

The only thing I need to do to finish my garage is have the floors epoxied and install a 4 post lift but it's low on our list of things to get done. My wife has prioritized granite countertops and finish our basement so it may be a while before I have everything done.

[QUOTE=BostonDuce;8460551][QUOTE=Marine Blue;8460134] Can't think of a better place for this car!

Try Route 1A N.Hampton thru Rye NH.

You're on the right coast now baby!

BD
I checked it out on Google map and it looks like a nice drive. Definitely could be a replacement for PCH. In fact I may take my son out on the next warm day and do this drive to get some break in miles under my belt.

Now I need to find some really good twisty's that can get my heart/adrenaline pumping. Most of what I've found around here is either too bumpy, too much traffic, heavily patrolled or not long enough. Have any suggestions for this?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:44 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Now I need to find some really good twisty's that can get my heart/adrenaline pumping. Most of what I've found around here is either too bumpy, too much traffic, heavily patrolled or not long enough. Have any suggestions for this?
Af;

I'm a Northshore boy. My world stops at the Tobin bridge.

However, when you see Unique for your clear bra, find the intersection of Rt 28 and the Fellsway in Stoneham. The stretch of the Fellsway from Stoneham past the Stoneham Zoo to Medford (about 3 clicks) is some nice surgical twisties. Be careful though because there's a State Police barracks right at the beginning.

Also Route 1A north out of Beverly through to Gloucester.

If you go to 1A Rye NH (go via Route 1 not 95), be sure to check out the Beach Plumb. Amazing lobster rolls.

BD

Quick Reply: Update: Spyder.....Finally Got It!!