Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Post. 2011 Boxster S Has Landed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
nismo-gtr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nicee cars bro!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 AM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

Finally got home after a little trip for a few weeks giving us a chance to drive the new Boxster S. Yesterday we took a trip to Costco and on the way home surpassed the magic 2000 mile break-in milestone. The car wails at 7 grand with the sports exhaust and stuck to road so well, even with the top down.

Next week we will go to Moab and see Canyonlands NP and Arches NP. Then on to see some family near Salt Lake.

So far the car runs perfectly no problems. The oil is halfway to the add mark. I have heard some horror stories about overfilling the oil so I will be patient.

Life is good.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 AM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

A picture.
Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Phil,
Check your coolant level. I've added over a quart in only 600 miles.

It seems it takes a while for the air to work it's way out of the system after the initial fill.

BD
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM
balakris
Instructor

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
We only have 600 miles on the new S and can't wait to get past the 2000 mi break-in period and have some real fun.
It was my understanding that the break-in period is a myth.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

Originally Posted by balakris
It was my understanding that the break-in period is a myth.
Well, it may be. Some surmise that keeping the revs below 4200 RPM is a safety thing so the new owner won't go crazy fast until s/he is used to the car.

Having fun now with over 2000 miles. Really sounds great with the sports exhaust.

Went for a little trip to celebrate. The spring runoff is in full swing and the waterfalls are surging.

Life is good.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

Update:

We just got back from a 1700 mile trip thru Utah. The more I drive this Boxster S the more I like it. We have had no problems at 3800 mi. the car runs beautifully and the coolant shows MAX.

The directional bi-xenon headlights are amazing. The NAV system will do everything but make coffee...it may do this, I am still learning. Passing is no problem in 5th gear in highway driving with 310 bhp. The cooled seats are really nice on hot days. My only complaint is the seats are hard but hopefully will soften with time.

The instrument panel layout is much improved over 2004 with the digital MPH display in the middle under the tach. And all the tech info from tire pressure to miles to empty and everything in between are fantastic. When using route guidance it is nice to have the directions displayed under the tach as it is sometimes hard to hear and hard to see the other Nav display with the top down and the sports exhaust in "loud" mode. And I love the sound of the SE. Worth every penny IMVHO.

So far there is nothing I would change in the order list. More interested in comfort than tracking...been there, done that and got it out of my system. The car handles beautifully. A precise instrument. The brakes and manual transmission are world class.

Note: beige interior dash reflects on the windshield. Polarized sunglasses solves this problem.

Just another happy Pcar owner.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrat's on the new Boxster, really like the colour.

The OEM sport exhaust is my favourite option on my Spyder.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 PM
tango131
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I always wondered what my car would look like with beige interior, now I know. VERY NICE!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Karl02832
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dino944
Hi Phil,

Thats a beauty! I love the Daytona style seats, its one of my favorite options on modern Ferraris.

Mine is red, with a crema and red interior. As far as I know its the only 328 with this two tone interior from the factory. Mine one its class, best 328 at the local New England Ferrari Show the last 4 years, but unfortunately it hasn't won "Best Babe Magnet. Thats an award I'll have to work on..although much to my Wife's amusement it did get 2 teenage girls to gawk and blow kisses at me as I was backing it into the driveway.

Here are a few pix of my Fcar.

P.S. nice option list on your Boxster...I love the auto dimming mirrors , sport exhaust, headrest crest and xenons. Great car enjoy it.
Best regards,
Dino

I think I have seen this 328 on I-95 around here before.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
Just took delivery of platinum silver/beige 987 S and am a newbie to this forum.

6 Speed (my wife will not drive an automatic or PDK)
18" Cayman S II wheels

Convenience Package:
Bi-Xenon headlights
Windstop
Auto A/C
Headrest crests
Self dimming mirrors
I'm not a newbie to the forum, but I am a 987 newbie, after 17 years of 911 ownership. I just put a deposit down on a used 2011 Cayman S in Texas, and it has this "Convenience Package" option listed on the build sheet. Except for the "Windstop" part, which a Cayman would not have, since it's not a roadster, is the P4N Convenience Package option the same for a CS?

This thread showed up in my search for the option code, so I'm responding to it rather than starting a new thread in the hope that someone knows. I'm excited about getting into a modern mid-engine Porsche after searching for the right one for the last 2 months.
Thx,
TT
edit--Found this from a 2011 Cayman review on Edmunds: "The Convenience package adds adaptive bi-xenon headlights, auto-dimming mirrors, automatic wipers and automatic climate control." Does that sound right?

Quick Reply: 1st Post. 2011 Boxster S Has Landed