Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Boxster in my Future?
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a LOT of experience driving in snowy conditions ... including using my Miata equipped with 4 snows during the winter (a few years ago). The little 50/50 balanced car did magnificently unless there was high snow (happened a couple of times). I am certain the Boxster would handle similarly with 4 good winter boots.

Now then, I've chosen (so far) to keep my '09 Boxster in storage this winter, and I have a very suitable AWD Subaru Outback with excellent all seasons, traction control, and ABS. Yesterday, we had some nasty weather, including some very slippery roads. As experienced and careful as I am, I made a simple, slow 90 degree left turn in my Subie which decided to go only about 30 degrees to the left and then keep sliding straight. I wasn't going fast, and I was being cautious. It just happens sometimes. Fortunately, I hit nothing and nothing hit me. But it shook me up a little bit as I instantly feared smacking into the curb or worse. I got lucky as I was able to turn it around just in time to avoid any damage. If I were driving my Porsche in that weather and that happened, I'd be REALLY freaked!

Again - no matter how careful you are, sometimes S#$T happens. I miss not driving my Boxster and having to wait until April, but I would really hate smacking it - or worse, having someone else with less skill smack into me!

Just sayin'

Doug

Quick Reply: Boxster in the snow