Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware Plaza Porsche St Louis, MO

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
wheeze
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware Plaza Porsche St Louis, MO

New user here with a buyer beware story. I recently purchased a new (to me) 2007 boxster that was to be CPO'd by the above named dealer. After getting the car which involved lots of little issues that left a bad taste my mouth, i called a local dealer (in Indiana) to see if it was in the CPO system so I could get a broken key fixed, I was told it was not. After speaking to the salesman at Plaza Porsche he told me it was an oversight on their part and they would get it taken care of with PCNA. 1 week later they are still working on it. I think they are slow and sloppy, but one could argue that they are dishonest. I saw one other person on 6speed who just this week had the same CPO but not in the system issue from the same dealer. Everyone please be very cautious when dealing with Plaza Porsche of St Louis, and verify everything they tell you. I will keep people updated as this progresses and do have several rennlisters working with me behind the scenes.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:50 PM
gray911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Jetpilot
Racer

IF not already, you should be receiving in the mail CPO paperwork from PCNA with a all of your info. If not, yes they scammed you and i would bug them relentlessly!

I am originally from St. Louis....man do I miss Ted D's frozen custard, Tony's and Imos Pizza!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Sub
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 AM
am722
Drifting

I got my first 997 from Plaza, and didn't get screwed or anything but I wasn't exactly thrilled with the service. They drilled holes in the front bumper of the car I bought () and the salesman never sent me the Porsche crest front plate he promised as a makeup gesture. I ended up getting bumperplugs anyway, but it still pissed me off.

Originally Posted by Jetpilot
I am originally from St. Louis....man do I miss Ted D's frozen custard, Tony's and Imos Pizza!
I'm from Columbia--don't let the distance deprive you! You can have them delivered frozen from http://stlouisstylepizza.stores.yaho...buyoownpi.html.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

I didn't know that paperwork on the CPO would come from PCNA. I'll send my salesman an email and ask about it. I bought my CPO car 6 weeks ago and haven't received anything from Porsche.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

I think this post was intended for the Boxster 987 Forum and I am moving it there.
Regards,
Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 AM
wheeze
Advanced

I posted in 997 forum only because there seems to be more traffic there, and I wanted members to be careful. It was more of a general warning, heads up than 987 specific. It seems more people on the forum are 997, 997 turbo etc shoppers/owners than 987 shoppers/owners. Apologies if I got it in the wrong spot
Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Jim in St.Louis
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have purchased 7 cars from Plaza in
St. Louis and I never had a serious problem.
Jim
Old 03-11-2009, 10:24 PM
wheeze
Advanced

Jim,

Glad to hear that, I hope my CPO issues are resolved soon, Plaza could be much more proactive to prevent my frustrations and those of other buyers, but your post gives me some optimism
Old 03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by wheeze
Jim,

Glad to hear that, I hope my CPO issues are resolved soon, Plaza could be much more proactive to prevent my frustrations and those of other buyers, but your post gives me some optimism
Wheeze- it won't be that much of an issue *IF* they actually performed the work. Just a push of a button and some $$ towards PCNA.

If not however, man o man. Prepare for a sh*tstorm.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:41 AM
wheeze
Advanced

This issue has finally been resolved. The car is now officially in the CPO system at PCNA. This took 6 weeks when it should have been done of the first day. This dealer was slow and sloppy with their paperwork, so i will stand by the title of the thread and still recommend that anyone purchasing a car from them verify and double check that all "i" are dotted and "t" are crossed when working with them. Thank to several rennlist members for helping me behind the scenes !
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jetpilot
man do I miss Ted D's frozen custard, Tony's and Imos Pizza!
You aren't kidding. I miss that and more. Loved living in St. Louis. I actually worked right next to Plaza and bought my first Porsche there. They loved to screw people on service work though.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 AM
tinman
Rennlist Member

In looking over the flow this topic, there wasn't much mention about them doing all the work to make a car cpo eligible. Isn't it like about 100 things they're supposed to look for and make sure that all the things are corrrect. It isn't just about getting the paperwork, which, if the work, analysis and adjustments to the car are not made, makes the paperwork, just an extended warranty. I went through an issue on my ex-girlfriend's purchase of of CPO 01 BMW 3330i, it seems they started the paperwork but never finished it, but then sold it to us as a CPO car, saying the paperwork would be coming, when it didn't we discovered that the car never was CPO'ed......subsequently they had to go over the car's cpo process which was worth over 1400 $......new tires, lotsa work and repairs....I believe that the car was originally going thru the cpo process and they decided not to, but someone forgot to NOT sell it as a CPO car......she lucked out, has had it ofr over 5 years, and used the cpo to cover all repairs, such as the notorious power window motors falling apart.......all 4 within a 2 month period.....I think the CPO process should be standardized in some way so that the paperwork and the procedure is the same dealer to dealer, maybe what each dealer does to a car may vary, but that is the buyer's discretion as to whether to worry about it or not. My advice, always make sure paperwork in order and the work has been done, they keep records, the guy showed us, but said he wasn't supposed to. My 06 Box S was new and is fine, as it is rarely used, 3500 miles in 3.5 years, will be driving it more regularly, now that my VW R32 met a drunk driver, luckily, no structural damage, just body panels and paint work....but still I'll see how I feel about it if I'm satisfied or not....if I decide to get rid of it may just get an Audi A3, for gas mileage, as it is my daily driver. AWD would be nice. as well as all as all the other godies that will drive the price up to what the R32 costed me.....I know the R20-t is coming, and I may consider it, but I think the A3 would be more comfortable, pracitcal, and fun enough, if not, could do some minor mods.....

Dealerships...don't you love how they charge you for 12.5 hours of work that took them 3 hours to do, during which the car was probably sitting collecting dust for 2.75 hours....we are in the wrong biz....they need regulation....isn't that called theft, in 20 different ways?????

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware Plaza Porsche St Louis, MO