Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoehn Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:43 AM
mauijim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoehn Motors

Yesterday, I took delivery of a new Boxster S which I purchased from Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad, CA. This transaction involved shipping the vehicle from CA to Maui. Shipping almost anything to Maui can present a whole set of problems, and an unregistered car is no exception. However, the Sales Team at Hoehn was remarkable in this endeavor. They made a trip to the mainland unnecessary.

My initial contact was with Sean Conner who gave me a "no haggle necessary" price. From there, Roger Wood took over and handled the transaction with the kind of professionalism you would hope for from a Porsche dealership. Roger promptly responded to phone calls (even on his days off), took care of business expeditiously, was on top of every difficult situation, and went the extra mile to handle my special requests. He listened and responded. Also, Tony Daher was there for me when Roger was unavailable; e.g., Tony supervised the handling of my car when it was picked-up by the transporter. (BTW, special mention goes to Pasha Hawaii Transportation Lines - they shipped my car without incident.)

I've purchased dozens of cars over the years. I've seen crap dealerships and I've seen good ones, and Hoehn Motors, Roger, Tony, and Sean are at top of the heap. These guys are on a mission to provide excellent customer service. (Being originally from New York) I'm not easily impressed, but these guys deserve recognition. I highly recommend this dealership. Bravo, Roger!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for sharing! Carlsbad is only a little over an hour from me. I will definitely keep this in mind on my next purchase.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 AM
tinman
Rennlist Member

I will keep them in mind for service, cuz you can go shopping at the outlet mall (cuz I'm frugal now) ......

I'm not happy with where I bought my car, rose parade.....

and question the ethics of the dealership near my work..... (the calipers on my 01.5 VW Passat fell off on left rear wheel, and I almost had an accident, then they said it wasn't their fault, event though a month earlier they had installed new rotors, and pads, probably not calipers, those don't have any problem, oh no.....) I had to call VW of America and they wouldn't even pick up the case, they made me go in and plea bargain, end result, half/half, which meant I got screwed and almost killed.I don't think VW puts strong enough brakes on their cars, I have a 08 R32 and the brakes don't give you the control you need,.....no more VW's !!!!!!!
91 BMW 5 series, 91 BMW 318 is, 98 MBZ C280 Sport package, 08 BMWK1200S,
now the bad stuff, 82 VW Scirocco, 83 VW GTi, 87 VW Jetta GLi, 95 VW GTi, 01.5 Passat GLX 4 motion/tiptronic (spent over 15000 in repairs on that car.....) (yes I am an idiot), 08 VW R32 18000 miles in a year, and so far so good, except brakes need upgrading,.....
....06 Boxster S GT Silver/Cocoa Brown.....(lotsa cars cuz my wife and I always thought it was good to have 3 cars.....
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 AM
speedbump2
Racer

Originally Posted by tinman
...08 VW R32 18000 miles in a year, and so far so good, except brakes need upgrading...
I don't know if it's a direct bolt-on, but the '04 R32 front brake calipers are 4-piston, while the '08 is only two.

I have never been disappointed with my '04 R32's brakes.
In fact, more often than not, I've been surprised by their effectiveness.

--Chuck--

P.S. - - By the way, I feel your pain. We recently sunk a ton of money into our '03 4Motion, V6 Passat wagon.
New struts and shocks, new suspension bushings up front, new wheel bearings, brakes & rotors, new tires,
new water pump, new timing chain and adjusters, etc.

Now it needs new Cats, it's starting to consume oil, and there's a mysterious loss of coolant(Head gasket?),
and I don't think it's worth it. Time to move on
Old 02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

Yes move on...it'll br tight financially but thr Passat is a bad platform.....wonder if Audi A4 or A6 people have recurring guests.... I had thought of getting the Audi A3 S or F series, whatever therir maxed out one was, but I thought the R32 was more unique, and they were both small cars anyway....and the Audi was more, but they probably would have negotiated on, which they did not on my R32 cuz I bought early......in the end (now) dealerships still have 08 r32's and would probably take $4000 off....I was thinking about looking at the new small MBZ SUV (ugly now, I know).....but I need something that will let my spine stay in alignment.....
Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Triblack987S
7th Gear

I've had great experiences buying both Porsche and Mercedes from Walter's in Riverside. They will also deal to the bone without the BS.

Quick Reply: Hoehn Motors