Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lloyd's Mats for your Pcar? Not Automotion.com

Old 07-03-2007, 06:34 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lloyd's Mats for your Pcar? Not Automotion.com

Placed an order on June 19th on Automotion.com for a custom set of Lloyds mats for $110. I Receive a part number in the confirmation email and the order is forwarded to the Lloyds factory. Floor mats arrive two weeks later but they are for an 05 987 and not my 2000 986.

Automotion says these are non-refundable and I will have to pay $25 restocking fee.
They said I made the mistake but can't provide me anything at the point of sale indicating that I ordered the wrong mats. Just a cut and paste job from their internal order form.

I go back to check their website and re-enter the 986 floor mats and again I get the same six digit part number. Also, there is no year in the product description either in the shopping cart product description or in the confirmation page.
If you made a mistake you are screwed and won't know it for three weeks until the mats come back from the factory.
Apparently they feel this is adequate and ideal.

I call the customer service department at Automotion to point this out and the "dude" on the phone who kept referring to me as "my man" says they
"have too many orders to give different part numbers for different floor mats"
If you understand the logic of that response please reply.
When I ask why Automotion feels that the confirmation process is adequate Mr. Dude Man customer service rep tells me to have a nice day and hangs up on me.

I fired off an email to his manager and the customer service rep at Lloyds.

Advice:
Avoid Automotion.com they won't send you the right floor mats.

instead try Autoanything.com who are shrewd enough to have figured out that different series Porsches should have different part numbers. (and they have free shipping, $94 delivered)
Old 07-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Niels Jørgensen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"have too many orders to give different part numbers for different floor mats"

lol!

I suspect this is a way to bring down the number of orders, so that they can in fact give different part numbers to different floor mats. So you see, in his own strange way, he is actually trying to help
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
Placed an order on June 19th on Automotion.com for a custom set of Lloyds mats for $110. I Receive a part number in the confirmation email and the order is forwarded to the Lloyds factory. Floor mats arrive two weeks later but they are for an 05 987 and not my 2000 986.

Automotion says these are non-refundable and I will have to pay $25 restocking fee.
They said I made the mistake but can't provide me anything at the point of sale indicating that I ordered the wrong mats. Just a cut and paste job from their internal order form.

I go back to check their website and re-enter the 986 floor mats and again I get the same six digit part number. Also, there is no year in the product description either in the shopping cart product description or in the confirmation page.
If you made a mistake you are screwed and won't know it for three weeks until the mats come back from the factory.
Apparently they feel this is adequate and ideal...
I assume you put this on your credit card. Just copy and paste what you wrote here and put it into a letter to your credit card company. I'd call them first so they'll put a "hold" on that disputed amount. Most likely, the credit card company will find in your favor. That's one of the benefits of using a credit card.

Good luck and I hope someone from Automation reads your post here too.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:17 AM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 141 Posts

Fight it. Don't let them take your money, that's just unbeleveable. I sent them an email telling them they're on the sht list.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
type987s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are on my BUTT list too!!!

I had great service from www.mats.com
Old 08-04-2007, 01:59 AM
98carrera4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
Apparently they feel this is adequate and ideal.

Advice:
Avoid Automotion.com they won't send you the right floor mats.

instead try Autoanything.com who are shrewd enough to have figured out that different series Porsches should have different part numbers. (and they have free shipping, $94 delivered)
Perfectlap, if it makes you feel better, your post just cost Automotion a sale from me. I just bought a 2008 Boxster, and was planning to buy my Lloyd mats from them, but I'm going to order from elsewhere. The way they treated you is brutal. Screw them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lloyd's Mats for your Pcar? Not Automotion.com