Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my 07 Boxster S this week!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
skarre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my 07 Boxster S this week!

Thanks for all the help guys! This forum is truly a wealth of information for
an obsessive-compulsive indecisive Porsche enthusiast like me. Porsche of Colorado Springs made this the best (and least stressful) car-buying experience yet.

2007 987S Arctic Silver Metallic with black interior
July delivery
Full leather
Preferred package
Bi-xenon headlights
Sport steering wheel
Windstop
Automatic climate control
Power seat package
Bose sound system

My wife and I are going to love taking this car up to the mountains in Colorado for weekend getaways.

Two questions:
1) Looking at the Porsche website and Boxster PDF, it appears the Bose sound system is now included with both preferred packages (non-plus and plus) on the 'S' models. I spec'd it separately but maybe I can save some money if this was changed.

2) How do you get stitching on the rear center console storage lid/armrest. Do you need to get the rear center console in leather or some smaller leather package? I think it would look really nice after seeing a few recent photos on the 997 forum.

Thanks all,

Muaddib
Old 03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skarre
an obsessive-compulsive indecisive Porsche enthusiast like me. Porsche of Colorado Springs made this the best (and least stressful) car-buying experience yet.

July delivery
Full leather
Preferred package
Bi-xenon headlights
Sport steering wheel
Windstop
Power seat package
Bose sound system

My wife and I are going to love taking this car up to the mountains in Colorado for weekend getaways.

Two questions:
1) Looking at the Porsche website and Boxster PDF, it appears the Bose sound system is now included with both preferred packages (non-plus and plus) on the 'S' models. I spec'd it separately but maybe I can save some money if this was changed.

2) How do you get stitching on the rear center console storage lid/armrest. Do you need to get the rear center console in leather or some smaller leather package? I think it would look really nice after seeing a few recent photos on the 997 forum.

Thanks all,

Muaddib
congrates...sounds great....where do live in colorado??? we will moving out to breckenridge from the east coast in the next 3-4 years and i would love to set up some weekend porsche events up in the mountains............seppy
Old 03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
SD987S
Intermediate

You just need to order any of the full-leather packages (except two-tone), which it looks like you're doing. Page 22-23 of the order guide, $160.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by skarre

July delivery
Full leather
Preferred package
Bi-xenon headlights
Sport steering wheel
Windstop
Power seat package
Bose sound system

Two questions:

Thanks all,

Muaddib

to get the stitching you have to go beyond merely ordering that part in leather. You have to order the leather with something like the Porsche crest or the model in the embossed in it. Otherwise no stitching.

Why did you order this car? It seems like there are a million silver with black cars out there to pick from.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Edgy01
to get the stitching you have to go beyond merely ordering that part in leather. You have to order the leather with something like the Porsche crest or the model in the embossed in it. Otherwise no stitching.

Why did you order this car? It seems like there are a million silver with black cars out there to pick from.

I gotta tell ya, you're right. Why did you order one of these cars?

I'll get you one tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:27 PM
skarre
Rennlist Member

To the question asked earlier, I live in Colorado Springs.

I ordered the car because I looked around and could not find exactly the options I wanted on dealer lots. I didn't want to pay for PASM, Sport Chrono, 19 inch wheels, etc. I had to have full leather also. I'm picky I guess. I also received a good discount from the local dealer. But the point is well taken.

Muaddib
Old 03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Have a great time with it when it comes it. The weather should be optimal by then!

Quick Reply: Ordered my 07 Boxster S this week!