Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 Boxster S Painted Rollbar chipping?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
summercal
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 987 Boxster S Painted Rollbar chipping?

I Arctic Silver Painted Rollbar, chipping from vibration under wind deflector and wind guards for the seats as well. There are actual grooves near the bottom of the rollbar wear the wind delflector sits between the seats, and has actual slit through the paint. I have only had my Porsche for 9months, I am curious if anyone else is having this problem. I am going to the dealer this coming week. Of course I have removed them for now. Any help would be apreciated.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Can you post a couple of photos of the problem?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 PM
summercal
2nd Gear

Hi Dan, I do not have Pics at this time. The dealer has my Porsche and I just got word yesterday that the Porsche Rep agreed to repaint the rollbar. Of course I am very caucious about this, due to it being in the cockpit and all. The Porsche dealership manager assured me that it will be ok, and that they are responsible for anything that might arise, which I have to obviously trust them on this issue. Concerned on overspray or clearcoat etc. I appreciate your post. This is going to be a Porsche problem for all cars that have painted rollbars. I suggested of putting film etc under those areas etc, I have a company that does clear bras and can make a custom cutouts for this and should protect the paint from this happening again, plus adding felt protection inside the wind deflectors. Any thoughts? Summercal
Old 03-08-2007, 10:19 AM
stumpjumper
Drifting

it's probably just like the 986 where the roll bar comes out pretty easily (just bolts hold it in) and can be painted out of the car
Old 03-14-2022, 05:57 PM
badaman
Cruisin'

Default Any ideas how to fix this?

Quick Reply: 987 Boxster S Painted Rollbar chipping?