Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Pss9 Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 AM
yeehaw
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Pss9 Coilovers?

Hi guys, some lady hit me square on the Rear pass wheel. Put a small dent but tweaked the alignment.

Rear strut is being replaced so time to go suspension shopping. I'm curious since the car is my daily driver but will be autocrossed here and there and it will see some track time what is a good coilover set up?

I thought of the Bilstein PSS9 vs something like the H&R. Although there is a JIC setup on ebay for a similar price. I'm not sure about getting into the hardcore suspension setup as far as matching or changing out shock bodies on a build able system.

Just looking for something that offers more room for adjustment than just swapping out springs. Any recommendations?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:50 AM
yeehaw
AutoX

How about Front/Rear strut barss with the stock Boxster S suspension vs no strut bars with the PSS9s
Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
tkarwin
Intermediate

PSS9s are awesome. The dampers are a lot better quality than OEM. They manage to ride better as well as handle better. They sound like the perfect setup for what you want to do with the car. My dad has them on his 987S and loves them.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

I had PSS9s and camber plates put on my 987S recently, and just last weekend finally had another round at Road Atlanta.

I'm very happy with the upgrade; the ride is firmer on the street but not harsh. At the track, the car corners much flatter and I'm not shredding the sidewalls of my tires anymore. As a starting point, I'm running 6 (medium-firm) on the front and 4 (medium-soft) in the rear. There's a little more push than I want, so I'll be playing with the settings my next time out.

Bottom line, this is a very worthwhile upgrade.

Quick Reply: Experience with Pss9 Coilovers?