Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Appreciation...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Appreciation...

In 1999 I bought an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro and absolutely loved everything about that car. I though it had pretty good power and handled really well. A few years later I sold it for a Ford Expedition so that I could tow my ski boat. I went sports car-less for a few years until I bought my 2005 Boxster S and LOVE everything about this car.
This past weekend I got a 2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T manual for my daily driver. It's a great car, but has totally made me appreciate the Boxster.

The first thing that I noticed was the shifter. I feel like i'm rowing in the Audi and I'm missing shifts all over the place. Gosh, I wish the shifter in the Boxster was in the Audi. 2nd the power is so nice across the board. Good low and high end torque. 3rd, the seats are amazing. Super comfy and supportive. 4th the suspension is very nice for a stock car.

Overall, the Audi is a great car, but it's nothing sports wise to the Porsche...well duh..it's a wagon you idiot...but still I used to think the A4 was a decent sports car. The Boxster is my first pcar and boy has it warped me. :-D

Some things that I really like about my A4 that was ironically $25K to the penny less than my 987S are (keep in mind my pcar has none of these):
1) Power seats
2) In dash cd changer
3) Integrated satellite radio
4) Radio controls on the steering wheel
5) Steering wheel is the perfect thickness and feels great (it's ugly but man if feels great)
6) Auto setting for the headlights

A pic of the new Audi.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Appreciation...