Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI: Some Information Regarding The Factory Short Shift Kit And B&M

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:58 PM
CameronD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: Some Information Regarding The Factory Short Shift Kit And B&M

B&M=200-225$
Factory Porsche SSK=Around 400$
I held both in my hand and compared them. Even Ray Charles could have seen that they are the same piece with only the metal in the housing being a Purple colour on the factory piece while the B&M piece is the token B&M blue.
I am sorry, pieces are the same and how porsche can mark up the price so much is crazy. Tuners and dealers use the line "It will still be covered under warranty so buy the factory piece". BS, I had a B&M in my old 996 and had my tranny replaced and they said nothing. They couldn't blame a transmission failure on a aftermarket shifter that is idnetical to the original and even made by the same manufacturer. It sounds like a easy way to get the car owner to stick with factory parts. Same as Dansk (if he does in fact make porsches exausts) why would you pay 2x the price for the same part when they are virtually identical
I went B&M, and paid 225$
Old 02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 285 Posts

Factory is available for $289, plus it's an easier install. Search on the 997 board for more info.

Quick Reply: FYI: Some Information Regarding The Factory Short Shift Kit And B&M