Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Importand Exaust/Header/PSE Questions For Any Veterans Out There!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:18 PM
CameronD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Importand Exaust/Header/PSE Questions For Any Veterans Out There!

1)Can A 2005 987S factory exaust be successfully converted to a PSE? (Even If it is constantly on) Also if I get the muffler shop to do the welding is it something that can be converted back to stock?
2)Has anyone have ACTUAL dynoes on either GHL or Fabspeed Exausts? (Not one produced by the manufacturer that claims 20+hp)
3)Dansk produces factory Porsche Exausts/headers, does he make a 987S sport exaust/header system yet (that would yield hp/tq gains) and what is the prices of his stuff compared to buying directly from Porsche and without the Porsche name branded into the product?
4)Why did Fabspeed remove the two cats (I have been told my many that removal of the cats does not increase power in newer normally aspirated cars) I assume it is not for the reason of gains but due to the high cost of replacing them with aftermarket units and removing them out of the factory exaust looks to be a very difficult task?
5)If I like very loud I guess the PSE would be the way to go if available but what about a muffler bypass pipe while keeping the four cats inplace? Has anyone heard a newer Boxter with this modification?
6)Anyone have a custom exaust made from a good shop? My car guy was supposed to build me one like he build for his 3.4 ltr BoxterS conversion. He said his sounds like an F1 car? Although for 1000$ with tips it seems overpriced for just the new mufflers fabricated and fitted.

Quick Reply: Some Importand Exaust/Header/PSE Questions For Any Veterans Out There!