Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have And Aftermarket Intake For The 987S?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 AM
CameronD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have And Aftermarket Intake For The 987S?

If you do please do tell me how it sounds. I love the sound of cars with induction growl . I am looking for one. Thought Evo made one but it is still in the last few weeks of developement and I can't wait. My tuner offered to custom make one for me as he did for his 3.4 Boxter S.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:02 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that Evo had scrapped theirs, but maybe they changed their mind: If people want to buy it, then why stop them? The problem is that I don't think you'll find one that makes any power. The 987 intake is so much better than the 986 intake, and you really cannot improve upon it much (< 1HP is my guess). If anything, you may lose power by going to a smaller cone element. If you want more sound, you could do the 987 equivalent of desnorking by removing the baffle plate. There is a post somewher on that. If you want more power, I have a 987 BMC air filter you can PM me about. The plate and air filter are about the only improvements you can do on the intake.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM
jrok
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure many of us would be very interested in any info about the removal of the baffle plate that you are describing. I searched but didn't find anything. As far as that is concerned, I would be happy just to see a picture of what the internals of the 987S airbox look like. I for one, have not even had a chance to actually look at my engine in the couple of months I've owned it.

Additionally, where did you find the BMC filter? I have one in my 993 and have been very happy with it.
thanks, jrok

Quick Reply: Anyone Have And Aftermarket Intake For The 987S?