Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To PASM or not PASM

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
Default To PASM or not PASM

OK. I did my research, I think I have made up my mind, but I want to ask the question one more time.

I'm getting the Boxster S as a track toy, and want to get into it for as little money as possible. I mean, I can get it with all the bells and whistles, but do I really want it is the question.

As a track toy, is the PASM sport setting firm enough for frequent DE for a developing track junkie? Or, is the standard non-PASM suspension firm enough, then get track suspension in several years?

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2005, 04:55 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I took your second route and didn't get PASM.
If the suspension isn't as good as I would like, then I'll fix it and make it better. Much better in my opinion then dealing with the PASM...especially out of warranty.

I've heard that PASM is great and I know that many people like it though.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:13 PM
schnell987
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I opted for the PASM...I will be tracking the car. My guess is that even with the PASM, the suspension will be too soft for me, but I had a very bad experience with my 911 when I had an "expert" install extremely stiff aftermarket track suspension components...I don't want to ruin the beautiful new "S" the same way, so the PASM will be a good compromise.

Quick Reply: To PASM or not PASM