Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non PASM reviews

Old 02-13-2005, 01:13 PM
pdxz
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Non PASM reviews

The buzz amongst the press seems to be that PASM is the best thing since sliced bread- even with track times right up there with the gt3. To my disapointment out of the 30 some odd 987s's I've seen on various lots, not a single one is PASM equipped.

Does anyone have any non-pasm reviews? Perhaps even non-PASM vs PASM comparisons? Seems as though this type of suspension tech would make a major contribution to the overall performance of the car.

Are the benefits marginal? As over the top as PCCB on a boxster?

Feedback appreciated.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:22 PM
BD997
Racer

the only downfall...to some that is...that those with pasm cant lower their car with aftermarket springs YET....but recent news of springs being tested with pasm will soon make that a problem of the past... LONG LIVE PASM!!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:03 PM
pdxz
2nd Gear

Yeah thats what i've heard. Although I do believe the new techart boxster acomplished lowering the car and still remaining PASM friendly (don't quote me).

I'm really just curious, if I end up purchasing a non PASM/chrono model am I going to really kick myself later? If PASM pushes the car that extra 3% I could probably live without it, if not having it compromises the nature of the car- how could I live without it? :-)

Obviously I want to spend some time in a PASM 987s first to see if the differences are really that apparent to me personally, but I definitely want some community visability on this...

Thanks for the response btw
Old 02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
RobertG
Racer

as a 2000 boxster S owner with special H&R twin coilover german boxster cup S coilovers, home built cold intake and TTP ECU and TTP headers. /////by the way I sell the new Boxster in woodland hills, ca./// the new Boxster handles as well as my car in the EXTREMES but is ALOT nicer in the local roads with PASM.. It truely is the cats PJ's . it truely has evolved. I the old Boxste S would take pleny of 998s 9n the track....I expect nothing differnent of the 987S...........its truley an amazing car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Non PASM reviews