Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just put a deposit on a 987 ClubSport

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 PM
ScottS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just put a deposit on a 987 ClubSport

Don't know if it will happen, when it will happen , ( listed as 2006) or if my wife will actually let me keep it- but my Dealer took a check putting me number 2 or 3 on the list.

What they said was that Porsche intimated that Porsche will put a Boxster Coupe version that will put the passion back in Porsche.

The problem of course is first allocation usually is limited in color and options ( no real options for a CS anyway). I am thinking Mexico or Riviera Blue or Polar Silver.

Anyone else have a spot?

Now I can't wait.....

Scott S
Old 02-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Scrooge
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,

If you don't mind me asking, what amount did your dealership require as a deposit on the coupe? I've been toying with the idea of putting down a deposit on one, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2005, 10:18 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Scott, I've talked to my dealer about doing that also. But have not gone over there to place the order and write the check. What that list nation wide, or just that dealership?

Scrooge, my dealer says he will take a check for $1K. Which is refundable, right up until the car hits the production line (at least I think it was "production line", but I'll verify once I place the order).
Old 02-07-2005, 10:15 AM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottS

Anyone else have a spot?

Now I can't wait.....

Scott S
My dealer has had my $1K deposit since Sept. '04! I'm first in line in my area........now for the long hard wait......

As far as color goes.......I'd stay away from Riviera Blue........yes, it is truly a "unique" color......but I think it would wear on you pretty quickly and resale of it (like you would ever sell it) would be terrible.....I've seen a couple of Riviera Blue Porsches on sale for years......

Polar Silver is a great color......wish it was still a regular paint option.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:07 AM
ScottS
Instructor

I bought several cars from my dealer and had been bugging them fro six months.$500 deposit was all. Refundable. But I don't need to worry if I don't use it for that, I have plenty of other options.

I am excited because while the dealer repeated that Porsche NA has not confirmed the Coupe CS, they have confirmed a "boxster product" special version that puts the passion back into Pcars. Interestingly, both the GM and Sales Manager were jokng that if they ever needed working capital, they could leak a new model ( real or otherwise ) and require a 2k deposit and could raise a lot of capital.

I think that I will lean towards Polar Silver with Black but I am not sure about the CS options ( painted wheels etc ) and how it would look.

ONly two years to go
Old 02-08-2005, 01:41 AM
ScottS
Instructor

Default What color is this? This is one way to go...

http://www.porschedecals.com/968clubsportspecs.htm
Old 02-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That should be Maritime Blue, but that picture doesn't do it justice. Here are some better pics of that color:

Old 02-08-2005, 11:56 AM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottS
I think that I will lean towards Polar Silver with Black but I am not sure about the CS options ( painted wheels etc ) and how it would look.
Polar Silver would look great with Sea Blue interior, silver belts, center rear column painted Polar........one of my favorite combos....
Old 02-13-2005, 02:25 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

as far as i know im the first one in colorado inline for one. They didnt make me put a deposit down.

PS dont steal my color!!!! I m getting mexico or riviera blue. Ooooorrrr... The cool green i saw on a Murcielago
Old 02-13-2005, 02:25 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

then again if they dont hurry the hell up, maybe ill just get the murcielago instead!!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 02:19 PM
ScottS
Instructor

No I won't steal your color just looking for a good, not common color that the special options will look good in and have reasonably high visibility for the track. I am not sure yet whether a special blue, yellow or red would work. I like the special silvers but that is a little , blah for a track car, no?
I love the yellow and black combo also but too much with the painted wheels?

Lately I have been leaning to midnight blue with Black interior. I would love a Pozzi Blue or TDF blue with a natural brown or tobacco interior, but black is more functional for the track etc.

Thoughts.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:21 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

if I get my new job and move quickly to manager...I am putting my deposit down on one of these in the next year
Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

I'm dying to hear the final details from Porsche. Anyone have an idea when this will be announced??
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by autobahnNY
I'm dying to hear the final details from Porsche. Anyone have an idea when this will be announced??
I have heard there is "supposed" to be some sort of announcement on Feb. 23.....
Old 02-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Bodhi
Advanced

Wow. Glad I checked this thread.

I just decided to end my hold out for the Coupe and go for a Boxster S.

I think I'll wait a few more weeks.

Quick Reply: Just put a deposit on a 987 ClubSport