Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 S Test Drive

Old 01-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 987 S Test Drive

I took one out for a hard spin today at my local dealership. It was midnight blue with a $61K sticker. The salesman encouraged me to drive it hard...

Impression: Clutch feels very nice. Shifter smooth... Easy to get used to. Car has a kick in the pants type acceleration, which surprised me. Nice low end torque and good power through the entire range. Corners like its on ice skate...just unbelievable handling imo.

Interior "fit and finish" is excellent. I was impressed with the quality of the interior, and especially the feel of the seats. They are like old 911 seats, just hug your body....much better than the 04 996 that I drove a while back.
Not a lot of busy gadgets in the interior... top opens at below 30mph...very little cabin wind gets in with top open.

Motor sounds great... goes from grrrr to grunt.

Exterior is much like most modern cars: Plastic type bumpers that feel shaky.... plastic type mirrors that can break off easily...plastic type air vents...

I suppose this is to make cost of repairs more easy on the wallet.... however I miss the old days of steel.

Compared to my 86 911 Cab...the Boxster S maintains the "true sports car feel" very well. The car is all Porsche...and really drives well.

Not a whole lot of negative things to say really. Very nice and its got me thinking about picking up one in Guards Red / Sand Beige
Old 01-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove one a couple of days ago and was also impressed. Porsche has done a nice job with this car. Pretty much every element of the original Boxster has been thoughtfully revised. The 987 is MUCH more comfortable, and the handling is incredible!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 987 S Test Drive