Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 987 delivered in the US!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 987 delivered in the US!

customer pics at:
http://www.smiley.net/images/baby/DSC05829.JPG
http://www.smiley.net/images/baby/DSC05823.JPG
http://www.smiley.net/images/baby/DSC05827.JPG
Old 01-04-2005, 10:42 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Oooh, Boxster S too.
Very nice!!!!

I bet I'll be just a giddy when my is delivered.

Stacey
Old 01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Thanks, the new owner was estatic and couldn't lay off the horn to show his excitment.

Sadly, PPBB admins continue their gayness into the new year by deleting the same post on their message forum. Sad, just plain sad.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 AM
gkelley
8th Gear

Almost as sad as the adjective you use to describe them. Grow up.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:39 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Why would they delete it?
Seems 100% pertinant to both Porsche and Boxster. That's Weird.
I've been onto that board a few times and honestly just don't like the layout. I much prefer some of the other Porsche forums. This one and Rennteam specifically.

gkelley has a point..it probably wasn't the best adjective to use...but it didn't offend me.

Stacey
Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by gkelley
Almost as sad as the adjective you use to describe them. Grow up.
Gee a new user who makes 1 single post and the post is to criticize something I said about PPBB. Don't like the term "gayness"? You are the one who needs to grow up and not try to push your political correctness agenda on others.

What's next?

No woman can have the name Gayla?
No Christmas songs can mention the word gay? No wait, we can't have "Christmas" either because that isn't politically correct. I guess "Holiday" is better right?

If you support PPBB censorship you are just plain WRONG.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:59 PM
gkelley
8th Gear

Having a gay old time, aren't we?

Not pushing any political agenda, just thought your choice of words was in bad taste. Was just curious as to what you posted that they removed. I don't see why they did, but I thought your cheap shot at them was just that, cheap.

PPBB has the right to limit anyone's post. Its a private group run by private individuals.

Why don't you try to settle it with them in a normal fashion instead of just bad mouthing them else where?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Greg,

Obviously you are blissfully unaware of the history of PPBB and of one admin there in particular. I posted the same message there that I posted here above, links to a few pictures showing a freshly delivered 987 and it's happy new owner. That's it. The message was summarily deleted because that admin has a habit of deleting anything he disagrees with or anything from anyone he doesn't like. In other words, his personal habits limit the usability of PPBB, probably why a lot of good information on the Boxster is missing from that site and why it continues to run that awful software that it does. I thought maybe the admin had moved beyond his childish pranks such as this, but evidentally not. Sorry you didn't like the choice of words to describe his actions, but like the first line of your post, his actions are from the Flintstones era. As for the choice of words I could have say his actions were "dumb" "stupid" "idiotic" etc. but would that have been referencing people who are dumb, stupid or idiotic? NO. It would simply be an adjective used to describe something. Likewise the choice of the word "gay" had nothing to do with people who are gay but merely the fact that his action were dumb, stupid, uncalled for, whatever adjective you happen to choose that day. That's why I fired back with the PC agenda bit, whether you realize it or not, you've been conditioned to somehow believe that any mention of the word "gay" as an adjective must be talking about people who are gay and I'm sorry but that's simply not true.

BTW, welcome to Rennlist! Oh and if you are ever looking for a good Boxster site, check out http://www.smiley.net/boxster/ lots of good info there that you won't find on PPBB...
Old 01-06-2005, 11:47 AM
gkelley
8th Gear

Thanks for the welcome to the board. I've been on Renntech, PPBB and a few other Porsche boards and look forward to being on this.

Again, have you asked why this admin took it off? He might've had a real reason or he might have misinterpretted something just like you and I have in this conversation.

Let me just finish by saying while you can invent a new meaning for a word, unless that meaning is listed in a dictionary somewhere don't expect people to read your mind. "Gay" and all its forms has two meanings, thats it. I will ask Merriam Webster to consider the "Ghost Rider" definition for ya
Old 01-06-2005, 01:19 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

According to Dictionay.com gay has 5 meanings:

1. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
2. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
4. Given to social pleasures.
5. Dissolute; licentious.

Both words in #5 mean are synonyms for immoral...so technically if he felt that ppbb was being immoral by deleting his post then his choice of words would be considered correct...however it is a very touchy word these days.

Just for the record, i see absolutely no reason why ppbb would delete that post unless they feel that every post has to be specific to the car itself or be technical is some respect. Perhaps that's the reason why i've ventured over there a few times and have never gone back.

Stacey
Old 01-06-2005, 08:21 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Technically correct? Facts? We'll have none of that here!! You're fired! (technically I was using that before The Donald so I can continue...)

I thought ppbb was more social in nature anyway. So I am really bewildered as to why it would be deleted.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:34 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

You beat me to it Net. PPBB is a social gathering. If your not included in the "crowd", your post my be deleted or get no response. Ive seen it happen plenty of times. The techincal side of things is missing over there.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:41 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

I suspect that that the reason his post was deleted might have something to do with the fact that he has been banned by that site. Just a hunch, though.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:12 PM
gkelley
8th Gear

Amazing how a story changes when all the facts come to life.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Well the facts say my definition of "gay" is correct. The facts also say I wasn't banned from PPBB (if I was, how could I post there?) the fact is that one admin, and one admin alone there among the several has something personal against me, but I have no idea what it is. He's so over the edge that he deletes a post like the one that started this thread, other admins/moderators there didn't have a problem with it and thought it was cute/funny.

Quick Reply: First 987 delivered in the US!