Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 Pricing for Preferred Packages

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 11:04 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 987 Pricing for Preferred Packages

Does anyone happen to know the actual prices for the Preferred Pacakages (PPA & PPB) on the new 987 Boxster?

The US MY05 Boxster (987) Order Guide has the Preferred Package A at $1990 for the Boxster and $2190 for the Boxster S. It has the Preferred Package B at $3690 for the Boxster and $4990 for the Boxster S.

These prices don't sound accurate as they cost more than the sum of the options ordered individually. And if the Boxster S comes with the Sound Package Plus as standard, then how can Preferred Package A be more expensive in the Boxster S?

Thanks,
Stacey
Old 11-26-2004, 12:02 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche pricing! It took me "months" when I ordered my Cayenne to figure out how the different packages work and at one point it ended up being cheaper to order a few items separately vice in a package. Now this was on their web site so it might have just been the web site issue but still....
Old 11-28-2004, 03:02 PM
kmm
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to look at the updated Order Guide. The prices are the same as the ones you mention, but the equipment is different for the regular and S. I just spent some time putting together an Excel sheet to figure out the differences and the savings. Here's the bottom line:

PPA: the regular Boxster gets the upgraded sound package (standard on the S), and the S gets upgraded to the Bose; savings (versus individual options) are $195 and $230 for regular and S respectively.

PPB: Both models get the Bose; the S gets the power seats and the CD changer too (even the new guide has an error here, as it shows both models getting the CD changer; I believe that is incorrect.) Savings (PPB versus individual options) are $435 and $620 for regular and S respectively.

Hope this helps (also let's hope it's accurate.)

Kamal (MA)

Quick Reply: 987 Pricing for Preferred Packages