Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   987 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum-125/)
-   -   Suspension install labor costs (https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum/1151904-suspension-install-labor-costs.html)

alex911s 07-12-2019 04:13 AM

Suspension install labor costs

Hey guys,

This is my first 981... so the full suspension install takes longer than our good 'ol 987s and 997s? got a quote $1670 just for the struts not including the swaybar..lol
Any shop recommendations in SF Bay Area? most i paid was $1100 for my 997TT ...
BTW im installing X73 suspension plus frontt and rear sway bars.. my dealer connection now have new management not mod friendly anymore..lol

thanks!!

Van Larson 07-12-2019 06:14 AM

Suspension for install

Labor rates dependent but I believe 6-8 hours with good alignment and corner balancing.

alex911s 07-12-2019 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Van Larson (Post 15968208)
Labor rates dependent but I believe 6-8 hours with good alignment and corner balancing.

Thanks Van ..I'll look around for shops :)

chase15 07-12-2019 07:46 AM

Junipero Serra Porsche-Mercedes quoted me $1360 for an 8 hr installation of x73 suspension kit, including alignment. I didn't mention the sway bars. My kit didn't come with front bar and I read that the rear one is very easy to install. My suspension kit is still sitting on my garage until I get my driveway clearance fixed. Please let me know as well if you find one with a better deal.

alex911s 07-12-2019 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by chase15 (Post 15968257)

Junipero Serra Porsche-Mercedes quoted me $1360 for an 8 hr installation of x73 suspension kit, including alignment. I didn't mention the sway bars. My kit didn't come with front bar and I read that the rear one is very easy to install. My suspension kit is still sitting on my garage until I get my driveway clearance fixed. Please let me know as well if you find one with a better deal.

thanks will let you know!

chase15 07-12-2019 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by alex911s (Post 15968738)
thanks will let you know!

Thanks. Also, i forgot about Sunset Garage at Brisbane. I don't know much about the garage, but I had light cleared with them before and I asked them for a quote on the suspension kit with alingment while I was there. They quoted me $1050 which I think is a pretty good deal.

Voyager6 07-12-2019 10:23 PM

Front sway bar requires loosening/dropping front guts and using a couple pole jacks or extra hands to keep the gas tank up while bars are changed. Not a DIY. Bushings and housings are tantalizingly easy to get to, but the shape of the bar and limited space to get the bar out requires dropping the rear of the lower front suspension pan to get the needed clearance,

If you are going to track the car or like stiffer chassis, consider the 718 rear lower strut brace. Cheap and a DIY along with the rear sway bar. Suncoast sells it as a kit.

V6

alex911s 07-12-2019 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by chase15 (Post 15969927)
Thanks. Also, i forgot about Sunset Garage at Brisbane. I don't know much about the garage, but I had light cleared with them before and I asked them for a quote on the suspension kit with alingment while I was there. They quoted me $1050 which I think is a pretty good deal.

That is pretty good!!

Originally Posted by Voyager6 (Post 15970006)
Front sway bar requires loosening/dropping front guts and using a couple pole jacks or extra hands to keep the gas tank up while bars are changed. Not a DIY. Bushings and housings are tantalizingly easy to get to, but the shape of the bar and limited space to get the bar out requires dropping the rear of the lower front suspension pan to get the needed clearance,

If you are going to track the car or like stiffer chassis, consider the 718 rear lower strut brace. Cheap and a DIY along with the rear sway bar. Suncoast sells it as a kit.

V6

Thanks! For the tips...will check it out at Suncoast