Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   981 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/981-forum-264/)
-   -   981 Caymen GTS bumper on a Boxster S? (https://rennlist.com/forums/981-forum/1151707-981-caymen-gts-bumper-on-a-boxster-s.html)

paulgreeny83 07-10-2019 08:37 PM

981 Caymen GTS bumper on a Boxster S?

Hi all,

New to the forum, and a 2013 981 Boxster S owner. My front bumper needs repairing/respraying, and rather than pay to fix the extensive damage, I'm thinking of getting a used GTS bumper and having that fitted/sprayed, as I prefer the look.

From my research I've found that you can easily fit a Boxster GTS bumper on a Boxster S, but can find nothing about the Caymen GTS on a Boxster? I think they should fit, although the parts listed for the CGTS and BGTS are slightly different:

https://www.porscheoempartsdirect.co...mponents-front

https://www.porscheoempartsdirect.co...mponents-front

Most used options out there are for the Cayman GTS, and I want to know if it'll fit the Boxster S. Any ideas guys? Thank you.

Jacob Sami 07-11-2019 02:26 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I will try to help you out here, I have a Cayman S with a GTS front and rear, For the Rear it is an easy swap, HERE , I got the one with the " Full kit - with heat shield & exhaust trim " and ended up not needing the heat shield as the OE one it had was fine, also mines was Matt Black, do not like the colored one ( each to their own subjected view ) That is for the rear since, Now for the front.

You can get the Whole Package HERE, But that is too much IMO, you can find used Parts here and there or buy them separately, Most of the stuff you will not use, for instance i did not use these parts " AIR DUCT " & the " Center Grill ". To use those you will have to replace the "Protect Bar", The S models comes with the Protect bar aligned differently to where the center grill and duct doesn't exactly fit, but i went without it anyways. you can modify the S front cover grill like the previous owner of my car did, but i just removed it completely instead of drilling holes and fasteners to hold it in somehow. so if you want to have the center duct and center grill, then change the front Bar. if you want to save money, skip them and you will still look fine. especially if you want to add a center radiator in the future. Also, you will need to replace or get THIS ( Energy Absorber ) When taking my GTS bumper off i noticed i did not have one and it made the bumper sag a little bit, but later i ordered the GTS front Absorber and it worked fine, holding it up right, i could of got the S absorber but for obvious reasons you wan to go with the GTS since you will have a GTS front.

One more thing... I had the front lamp washer holes & Parking sensors and if you had that on your S you will need the tubes that run inside your bumper to them plus make sure to get a front GTS with Parking sensors if so equipped, see HERE. And finally ill leave you with some pics of the Cayman s to GTS look ( has some GT4 stuff ) I would still call Suncoast on this, they should be able to tell you if the Cayman Front fits the Boxter, I do not see why not.

Attachment 1346001

Attachment 1346002

Attachment 1344013

Attachment 1346003

Attachment 1346004

Washer Nozzle Area

Attachment 1346005

REAR

Attachment 1344012

paulgreeny83 07-11-2019 04:02 PM

She looks amazing buddy congrats! Love the GT4 side scoops too!

Did you get the GTS rear bumper too or just fit the diffuser?

Jacob Sami 07-11-2019 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by paulgreeny83 (Post 15966893)
She looks amazing buddy congrats! Love the GT4 side scoops too!

Did you get the GTS rear bumper too or just fit the diffuser?

thanks! Your comments are highly appreciated .
For the Rear I just got the rear diffuser no need for the whole bumper.

paulgreeny83 07-11-2019 05:56 PM

Interesting - the rear bumper somehow looks more aggressive and angular than on my Boxster S (not considering the diffuser).

Speaking of Diffusers, where did you get yours from?

thecajunboy 07-11-2019 05:57 PM

Wow! What a well written and informative post. And from right there in BR. Thar car is sweet as Tupelo Honey. I'd love to do that to mine but probably won't get that raddical as it's only a base. Think I'll add the GT4 rear diffuser, then start mulling some part collecting for a front end swap.

Jacob Sami 07-11-2019 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by paulgreeny83 (Post 15967184)
Interesting - the rear bumper somehow looks more aggressive and angular than on my Boxster S (not considering the diffuser).

Speaking of Diffusers, where did you get yours from?

It is the same,I got it from Suncoast.
is a Video of the car prior to these changes, you can see the rear Valance was the stock S and it was Painted to match the cars color, identical to the rear boxter s
Attachment 1346000

I could of opted for a Carbon Fiber GT4 style Rear Diffuser but that one stuck out to much and was really aggressive, plus i took others advice on this forum, Removed the GTS stickers and badge ( completely de-badged it or have 981 rear badge instead ) I would advice to stick to the S to the GTS conversion, you can do a GT4 look conversion but as a car enthusiast, we will be pushing it a little bit to much . GT4 is a whole beast of a car, it is like base charger owners sticking Hellcat badges on their cars . so scoops and wing are in my book that is ok to copy from but other than that stick to the S to GTS conversion. I forgot to mention do not forget the Fog light outer Retaining Frame, and the LED DRL's , that will cancel your Fog light switch ( you won't need it ) and the DRL Lamps run you about $200 a piece.

Originally Posted by thecajunboy (Post 15967187)
Wow! What a well written and informative post. And from right there in BR. Thar car is sweet as Tupelo Honey. I'd love to do that to mine but probably won't get that raddical as it's only a base. Think I'll add the GT4 rear diffuser, then start mulling some part collecting for a front end swap.

Thanks a million! I wanted a black one but it grew on me, you already have the GTS rear Tails might as well. im new to Porsche but once you drink that Porsche whine..You're in for Good!
Love to Help out!

alex911s 07-12-2019 04:03 AM

Great write up Jacob and nice ride.. are your gt4 tail oem? the ducktiail aftermarket? thinking of doing same on my Cayman S.. i already have X73 suspension haven tinstalled it yet but aerokit is next.. thanks!!

paulgreeny83 07-12-2019 03:02 PM

It's interesting that the bumper is a stock S, as my Boxster S is different, more rounded and less aggressive, don't you think?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b3c4e706a5.jpg

CaymanSinAR 07-12-2019 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob Sami (Post 15966690)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge that is a beautiful car.

Crap. I might have to go order a gentian blue metallic 718 GT4 now. Already have a NBM Macan S on the way for my wife though. Not sure she would want to match. :D

Jacob Sami 07-12-2019 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by alex911s (Post 15968162)
Great write up Jacob and nice ride.. are your gt4 tail oem? the ducktiail aftermarket? thinking of doing same on my Cayman S.. i already have X73 suspension haven tinstalled it yet but aerokit is next.. thanks!!

Duck-tail,Scoops and Wing is aftermarket, No need to get the real deal really, its all ABS.Just get some Good quality "Taiwan' stuff lol. i Have the X73 and love it,

Originally Posted by paulgreeny83 (Post 15969100)
It's interesting that the bumper is a stock S, as my Boxster S is different, more rounded and less aggressive, don't you think?

You know the Part numbers for both bumpers are different, i would swear they are the same. I seen Boxter owners swap to cayman bumpers see this thread HERE, Bumpers might look different but can still be swapped. i have the stock OE rear valance if you were near i would love to test them out for fitment.

paulgreeny83 07-16-2019 12:56 AM

You know the Part numbers for both bumpers are different, i would swear they are the same. I seen Boxter owners swap to cayman bumpers see this thread HERE, Bumpers might look different but can still be swapped. i have the stock OE rear valance if you were near i would love to test them out for fitment.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy - so your rear bumper is the stock Cayman bumper just with the aftermarket valance?

Jacob Sami 07-16-2019 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by paulgreeny83 (Post 15975870)
You know the Part numbers for both bumpers are different, i would swear they are the same. I seen Boxter owners swap to cayman bumpers see this thread HERE, Bumpers might look different but can still be swapped. i have the stock OE rear valance if you were near i would love to test them out for fitment.

Hey buddy - so your rear bumper is the stock Cayman bumper just with the aftermarket valance?[/QUOTE]

Yessir! Stock Cayman S rear with just the Valance upgraded