Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a good alternative to PASM in a 981CS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 12:31 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by duffin
Then why did you not just do aftermarket swaybars with shock/coil of choice? Or was X73 already installed and Ohlins was your upgrade?
My 991 is a fantastic all arounder. Its so perfect that it lacks some character that I have now in my 987. I did get aftermarket sways I wanted as stiff and analog as I could get on the car as well as lower than the X73 shocks. the ohlins are a big handling upgrade from X73 but definitely a ride quality downgrade. The Ohlins IMO are the best, aggressive, street coilovers out. They are no JRZ or Moton on a track but better than those for the street/mountains.

Obviously I'm an Ohlins fanboy but that's why I also try to state pros/cons and why I chose them. They are not the best choice for everyone. My setup is too much for a daily driver and perhaps even a second car. It's my third car and dedicated toy
Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 PM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have X73 and LOVE it! The roads around me while twisty are really poor and I have NO issues. I'm comparing it to my 993 with KW V3 club sports and a 996 GT3. The only "issue" I have is that the car sits very low and I've bottomed out on some speed bumps.

Quick Reply: What's a good alternative to PASM in a 981CS?