Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Nav - Can't see Routes

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Porsche Nav - Can't see Routes

I have a 2012 Boxster S with Navigation and every time I input a destination, it "tries" to show me 3 available routes. But as I look at the screen, there's NO WAY to see what the routes are because of these RED circles with WHITE dashes in them. They totally block out the routes. Since I've never seen this mentioned before, I'm hoping it's just a setting that I can change. ???

What I do now is enter the route into Google Maps on my iPhone and follow that route which "sometime" will recalculate to the route from Google Maps.

Sometimes I just give in and use Google Maps but I do like being able to see the route on the built-in screen as well as the PCM arrows and miles to next turn on the dashboard view.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thanks in advance!
Charlie
Old 06-16-2019, 10:43 PM
Kuro Neko
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,571 Likes on 601 Posts

No idea about your navi, but on mine I simply hit the + button to zoom in and see the details of the proposed route options.
You've got this, and can then move the screen around too if needed to see the route details?

My navi also has an option to delete route notifications and other icons as needed, but again not sure for the OEM (as Japan does not use).
Old 06-17-2019, 02:14 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kuro Neko
No idea about your navi, but on mine I simply hit the + button to zoom in and see the details of the proposed route options.
You've got this, and can then move the screen around too if needed to see the route details?

My navi also has an option to delete route notifications and other icons as needed, but again not sure for the OEM (as Japan does not use).
I’ll give it another try but when I’ve enlarged it before, it went off the screen. I’ll try moving it.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:18 AM
Kuro Neko
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Charlie C
I’ll give it another try but when I’ve enlarged it before, it went off the screen. I’ll try moving it.
Your km may vary, as not sure I've ever used a navi outside of Japan, but most I would suspect have zoom route functionality.
Which is possibly not a good thing for me to assume...

Old 06-19-2019, 02:53 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Tried that again...

As I mentioned before, I can enlarge the map but it goes off screen and there doesn’t seem to be a way to move it around.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:34 AM
Kuro Neko
Three Wheelin'

Tried that again... As I mentioned before, I can enlarge the map but it goes off screen and there doesn’t seem to be a way to move it around.
Sorry, cannot help you.
Surprised though, other users with the same navi havn't commented on how you map roll on that model.

One of your routes looks like it goes down PCH past where I used to live in Hermosa...
Hope you took the scenic route.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 AM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The signs that you are seeing on the screen are traffic advisories. See if you can delete the traffic report function of the navigation system. That should make the signs disappear and give you a clear view of the map. Like Points-of-Interest (POI) flags, traffic reports can be annoying if there are too many of them in view.

Quick Reply: Porsche Nav - Can't see Routes