Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfect Nav in a 987 BS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 01:13 PM
professsorz
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Perfect Nav in a 987 BS!

How to put a Nav capability into Rosie - that was my question. I had a mount on the windshield which looked kind of terrible and a few days ago the stickum let go and the whole thing fell off. Bleah. Didn't put it back up and started to think, again, about other mounts for the iPhone. Yes, I know there are "I like built-in" and "I like using the phone" camps but I'm a member of the "I already own the iPhone and Waze is pretty good AND I'd like to not do much poking and prodding. Well, today I did a mega workout at the gym. So much so that after I got in my car I just kind of sat there, trying to build up the energy to go. And while I was just staring, I noticed the absolutely never used cup holder cover. And thought "Wouldn't it be GREAT if the cup holder held my phone? But what are the chances?"

Well, only one way to find out. Could tell that it wasn't going to fit with the case and, unbelievably, just by itself it was such a perfect fit it could have been made for that purpose. Just tight enough to slide in and stay put rather than slowly sliding down and out. So - if you own an iPhone 6S+ AND a 987 (or likely any Porsche - I guess they're all the same size) here's your perfect, easy, free solution to Waze navigation!

Old 06-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Abbett
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems to me it would be impossible to access the bottom of the screen where many apps place virtual buttons.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:36 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 398 Posts

Here you go..... $8 works great!

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-15-2019, 04:41 PM
professsorz
Racer

Originally Posted by Abbett
It seems to me it would be impossible to access the bottom of the screen where many apps place virtual buttons.
Actually it’s super easy, barely an inconvenience. Big opening at the bottom and with Waze I already know what buttons are there from experience.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:42 PM
professsorz
Racer

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
Ah, but that blocks the air vent. The cup holder keeps it clear!

Quick Reply: Perfect Nav in a 987 BS!