Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Calls My Phone at Every Startup

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 06:12 PM
LIMRIX
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Calls My Phone at Every Startup

2009 Boxster S with PCM 3.0 Ver 2.2 connected via BT to Pixel 3 Android phone.

On 4.16.2019, the dealer updated my Nav Maps (what a process that was) and everything has worked fine until last week. There have been no changes to the PCM or phone/apps since the 4.16 Maps update. Now, every time I start the car, the radio/iPod comes on and then the sound shuts off after about 20 seconds. After a couple of re-starts I realized that the bottom screen message was reading "AWAY Voicemail" so I tapped the Phone button and, sure enough, there was a call in progress TO my cell phone - it shows "Call connected." So, whenever the PCM first connects to the cell phone, it makes the call. Nothing rings and there is nothing on my cell V/M to indicate that the call was made. I can tap "End call" and the audio returns to iPod/radio, but I don't want to go through that process every time I start the car: Tap Phone Button, Tap End call, Tap Info.

Has anybody seen this happen? It is very strange...like living in Penny Lane. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2019, 11:55 AM
Kayman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think your bluetooth audio uses the call functionality to play audio from apps like google maps. My 2016 Cayman does this, so maybe yours does too. I would turn off bluetooth on the phone and see what happens.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:32 PM
vracer
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayman
I think your bluetooth audio uses the call functionality to play audio from apps like google maps. My 2016 Cayman does this, so maybe yours does too. I would turn off bluetooth on the phone and see what happens.
But isn't Bluetooth how the your phone connects to PCM so you can make and receive calls? I'm assuming OP wants to keep that feature.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:27 PM
LIMRIX
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vracer is correct, thank you. I make and receive calls on the PCM, via BT from my phone. Minor correction: PCM 3.0 Ver. 2.24 (not 2.2).

Quick Reply: PCM Calls My Phone at Every Startup